rome

Accessing ipcs connected to built-in poe ports

I want to access the cameras and adjust the setting inside but they are on the Dahua built in POE ports with 10.1.1.1 and the NVR is in remote location. I don't have a laptop or pc to bring there but only an Ipad and a wifi router. Can I set the router to 10.1.1.3 and connect it to the nvr built in poe port and access the cameras in the ipad thru the router Wifi?

If you disconnect from the nvr and put a POE Injector on the camera cable then you can connect your router and see your camera

If you disconnect from the nvr and put a POE Injector on the camera cable then you can connect your router and see your camera

The Dahua NVR built in POE ports are like switches.. why can't you directly plug a router to it and access it via wifi after setting router to 10.1.1.1?

You can, so do it.

Just make sure you choose an unused IP.

Keep it simple and don't even use the WAN port on the WiFi router. Just plug one cable from the PoE ports to the LAN section of the wifi router, then connect your iPad over wifi with a static IP. This way you don't have to touch the router settings at all - just use it as a simple switch that happens to have wifi access.

The Dahua NVR built in POE ports are like switches.. why can't you directly plug a router to it and access it via wifi after setting router to 10.1.1.1?

Because it's not like switch, it's camera-per-port, same thing in Hikvision PoE NVRs. Check if there is something like "virtual host", this will make cameras visible on same IP address as NVR but different port.

Like NVR is 192.0.0.1, 1 IP camera will be visible as 192.0.0.1:65001 from web, but still inside NVR it will be 10.1.1.1