Sign in to follow this  
lee8389

9 Camera Swan DVR no longer recording

Hi, my husband bought a Swann 9 camera DVR January last year, it has now stopped recording. It also shows no memory, we have done a reboot on several occasions, placed the system onto a main plug rather than extension lead.

Last but not least spent three long hours on the phone last night to tech support at Swann who were about as useful as a chocolate teapot. The had no answers whatsoever.

We are at our wits end and do not know what to do.

Has anybody else had these issues with the hope of helping me.

Hi

I have just joined this forum as I have the same problem as you and after 40 minutes on hold to Swann I gave up waiting. They haven't responded to an email either.

Our system is just over a year old. It seemed to be fine until recently, but now we cannot access any recordings at all. We only have four cameras running (preview is fine). The device settings screen says that we have only 5gb of free space. It is set to overwrite previous recordings, so I am baffled.

Have you had any luck, lee8389?

I have the Swann dvr8 1500, and I have had to initialize the hard drive a couple of times to correct recording problems--usually it misses motion it should have recorded. Be aware that it will cause you to lose previous recordings.

Dogear

Thanks Dogear

I have initialized the hard drive but we still don't seem to be recording anything, and I suspect that the hard drive has failed. Still no response from Swann.

Now I can't even log on to Swannview on my PC!

All very frustrating!

Hi, my husband bought a Swann 9 camera DVR January last year, it has now stopped recording. It also shows no memory, we have done a reboot on several occasions, placed the system onto a main plug rather than extension lead.

Last but not least spent three long hours on the phone last night to tech support at Swann who were about as useful as a chocolate teapot. The had no answers whatsoever.

We are at our wits end and do not know what to do.

Has anybody else had these issues with the hope of helping me.

If you have a multi-meter check the output voltage and current on your power supply. Another poster was having the same problem and it was caused by a bad power supply.