rollinz34

Wiring Non specific cable-Newbie

Images added to this post.

I am working with limited knowledge on this one. I would like to wire a female rj45 to a POE dome camera. It had a splitted power and female rj45 cable attached, but had water damage. I have trimmed off the red and black wires because I assumed those wires are unnecessary. The plan is to use a POE switch to power the cameras using a rj45 cable. What's left is 8 wires all solid color. I have terminated rj45 before but with the white/orange/orange etc format to work with. Whats the pinout with this color format?

Hope I am being clear on my scenario

thanks

Optimized-IMG_1303.thumb.JPG.3dc262d8e86bea1952a2a4ebb18b096e.JPG

Optimized-IMG_1304.thumb.JPG.579f79fedc8af0c6f953d35b97c2d29a.JPG

Optimized-IMG_1305.thumb.JPG.7e3b5e7d1bb2af0a6819d0ab9e9711c7.JPG

Are you certain this is an IP camera and not analog? I suppose the coaxial power connector could have been for external power if POE was not available.

The wire color you show do not have any Ethernet meaning to me. You might try googling the model of the camera and see if you can find a pinout for this cable.

Images added to this post.

I am working with limited knowledge on this one. I would like to wire a female rj45 to a POE dome camera. It had a splitted power and female rj45 cable attached, but had water damage. I have trimmed off the red and black wires because I assumed those wires are unnecessary. The plan is to use a POE switch to power the cameras using a rj45 cable. What's left is 8 wires all solid color. I have terminated rj45 before but with the white/orange/orange etc format to work with. Whats the pinout with this color format?

Hope I am being clear on my scenario

thanks

May help

1149754120_HCameraRJ45NetworkPinDefinition.thumb.jpg.3bd7826577147d0386e89e85d5020e2e.jpg