eyal8r

Looking for Wide Angle Cam for a Small Area

Hey guys-

Just getting my system all setup here- have a Hikvision NVR and all Hikvision IP Cameras. My dome camera (Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-I(S)) I have mounted over the front door isn't quite able to give me the view I'm looking for. There's a small entry way in front of the door that's about 6'x6' or so, but the ceiling I need to mount it on is about 9-10' high. I've messed with it for hours, and just can't seem to capture the entire area, including the subjects' faces. I've moved the camera over to the corner to try to maximize the view, but it's just not enough.

Do you guys know of a Hikvision (or compatible) camera that can give a wider field of view so that I can fit it all in? I appreciate the help!

Cool. Didn't know there were lens charts... couldn't find one on this site- but another site shows I would want a 2.5mm (or less) lens, to give me the widest angle possible. The camera I have right now is a 2.8mm. I looked on Hik's website- but didn't see anything that low. I don't know if there's other brands compatible with the Hik NVR or not. Suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

Cool. Didn't know there were lens charts... couldn't find one on this site- but another site shows I would want a 2.5mm (or less) lens, to give me the widest angle possible. The camera I have right now is a 2.8mm. I looked on Hik's website- but didn't see anything that low. I don't know if there's other brands compatible with the Hik NVR or not. Suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

Viewing angle is not only dependent on lens size...the hikvision 2.8mm is about the widest ive seen(wider than dahua)...note that the hikvision will have a different horzontal fov when you change from 1080p to 3mp...show us a photo of your area...and what the hikvision is currently capturing...

You may need a fisheye or something..