Sign in to follow this  
Skywatch

Want to install cam without screws

I'm getting my surveillance system next week and am looking forward to installing the system.

Here's the problem, it's my parents house and they don't like things being screwed into the house. I'm thinking about using C clamps. I want to use these sparingly as not to create an eyesore. Basically using the clamps on the camera brackets. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage the cable though. Tape is out of the question. It won't stick for long.

So can someone give me tips on an installation that doesn't use screws and isn't showy but is effective at a solid installation?

I'm getting my surveillance system next week and am looking forward to installing the system.

Here's the problem, it's my parents house and they don't like things being screwed into the house. I'm thinking about using C clamps. I want to use these sparingly as not to create an eyesore. Basically using the clamps on the camera brackets. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage the cable though. Tape is out of the question. It won't stick for long.

So can someone give me tips on an installation that doesn't use screws and isn't showy but is effective at a solid installation?

What type of camera? what is the house surface made of?

Bullet cameras. The eve's are wood. House surface is brick.

You can try to mount a junction box with some strong double sided tape to the eves ..then attach the cameras to the box...

As you said you have a problem with cable management as well..if they dont want it on the house then dont do it..

Thinking about bending metal L brackets into clips then attaching them underneath the overhang. Ill paint them white to match the painted surface.

I've used duct tape before and the stuff doesn't stick for long. Unless there's a tape that actually adheres deep.

I just don't want to find my cameras on the ground an hour after installing them.

I just don't want to find my cameras on the ground an hour after installing them.

Then install them the right way, or do not install them at all. You might not find them on the ground after one hour, but if you do a poor installation job, just wait for a windy day to come...

Then install them the right way, or do not install them at all. You might not find them on the ground after one hour, but if you do a poor installation job, just wait for a windy day to come...

I bought the camera system, therefore I'll install them. You need to respect that I'm trying to respect my parents in that no holes will be put into the house. I don't accept that screwing the bracket into the eve is the "only" right way to install.

I've used C clamps before. They provide a firm grip when tightened without damaging the house. Most likely that's the way I'm going to go. 2 clamps on both sides of the bracket plate should provide the same solid installation as screws.

I have to install the cameras and respect my parents wishes.

I bought the camera system, therefore I'll install them. You need to respect that I'm trying to respect my parents in that no holes will be put into the house. I don't accept that screwing the bracket into the eve is the "only" right way to install.

I've used C clamps before. They provide a firm grip when tightened without damaging the house. Most likely that's the way I'm going to go. 2 clamps on both sides of the bracket plate should provide the same solid installation as screws.

I have to install the cameras and respect my parents wishes.

Its going to look like total crap with all those clamps...there is pretty strong double sided tape you can try...go to home depot..you will still have a hard time getting the tape off eventually.

Hi. Read all your camera fitting instructions ......and you will not find attach to house

Cameras can be mounted anywere .. They could be out in garden or driveway looking at house

A lot of home owners don't like cameras on house