Sign in to follow this  
privateeye

TOO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!!!!

I NEED SYSTEM FOR MY HOME. I've watched you tube video and have tried to research systems with best quality for a decent price. the pros says that the in store systems are crap, videos and advertisements says different. So in my attempts to purchase, price wise Zmodo, Svat, Give you a lot for cheap. Some reviews said the QSEE, Laview and defender were ok. The stores sell Lorex, Swann and Samsung.

I own a ranch style home with Eight sides and detached garage. So ideally for me I want:

16 Channel, 2tb, DVR, remote live viewing. at least 9 cameras VAndal proof domes to start. ip66 weatherproof, 24 ir, 700tvl minimum, easy intall and viewing app of some sort.

Please assist.

I'm using Hikvision $100 bullet cameras DS-2CD2032-I they work great easy to setup and the video is 1080P at 30FPS. Hikvision also sells domes along with better cameras also which start around $350 each have an SDslot for saving the video it's an easy way of doing it no DVR required. Microsd cards are cheap with 64GB cards take a long time to get full maybe a month or 2. You just pull the video by accessing the camera by IP address. The $100 model does not have the SD card you have to use software or a DVR for that. I'm using Sighthound software $250. It will recognize a person and send you the video. Those cameras can be powered over the Ethernet your switch can power the camera just need one that supplies 802.3AF, or you can use a power injector plugs inline after your switch lots of those on the internet.

I have never used swan looks like they could work as most 1080P cameras have no problem in the day time it's the night is where things get to be an issue with a cheap camera. I have had no problems at night.

analog dvr + analog camera so so old products , the image is so bad , but the price is very cheap .

Cheap digital 1080P works better then even most expensive old school analog ones with digital zoom you can get in really close see lot of detail.