securitymonster

Video Ipod

I have loads and loads of music and video on my computer. Instead of buying a backup drive for all of this, I was thinking about getting a Video Ipod. Any reason why I shouldn't get one?

Also...all of my music and video on my computer is legal backup copies, but what happens if someday down the road I have a "pirated" copy, will iTunes still allow me to transfer it onto the iPod and will iTunes ever "report" me for this?

As far as I can tell, iTunes doesn't report back to Apple what I have on my iPod, it just checks when I play music downloaded from iTunes (not mp3s I already have) in iTunes. I can play anything I want on my iPod without Apple knowing or caring.

I don't care for DRM but Apple at least isn't a total prick about that. The limit is I can't share my music with other people and I can't burn the same playlist five times in a row. (I can tweak it and continue burning.)

how much do you have to "change" the playlist to burn it again? Have you used any hacks/mods that allow you to pull the music/video back off the ipod?

Overall, are you happy with your purchase? Is it really worth the $300?

i just bought this Digital Camera when i was in the US ... $99 ..

Camera, Camcorder, Mp3 Player, Voice Recorder, and WebCam .. all in one ... and if I drop it out the airplane window its cheap enough to buy a new one

As for the Ipod, cant say I like what Ive seen, especially the Itunes software ...

I hate the DRM (Digital Right Management) crap.

If you buy music you should be able to play it on any device you want. There have been many court cases over this and there are going to be a lot more over it.

Basically if you want to know how to get around that crap, buy this months issue of Maximum PC as it is dedicated to showing you how to transfer your music and Movies to any device you might want to play it on.

For you maybe. Alot of people got sued for using that program here.

What Im recommending above is for your own copyrighted material that you have legally purchased and should have the right to use it on any device you want.

It used to be like that until everything went digital. 321 Studios was put out of business for trying to fight the RIAA and the MPA for a right that already existed.

Sony is having to pay millions of dollars out for isntalling a hidden RootKit which loaded itself onto peoples computers without their permission. What a stink that has raised. Can't trust Sony.

Cant buy the music I like down here (reggae & rap is all dey gat), and no credit card .. im SOL ... so .. .

Luckily only movies are legally copyrighted down here, and software i might mention, it falls under some other law though, and that law is slack ..

In fact there really are no enforced copyright laws here, but i follow what is on the book. I need to start picking out some CDs and have Jasper send some down

The shipping would kill me.

Itunes is your best bet. Not Jasper Tunes.

I have one whole room in my house full of CD's I need to sell though.

That Neil Diamond Song I sent you "Coming to America" should hold you over for a bit.

yeah that song depressed me a bit ..

Did you get my song, "sunnin in da bahamas" ..?

anyway, i had bad luck with Itunes so far, it hogs the system resources and basically installs spyware ... i installed it on my PC before to test it out, and it installed a whole load of cranolla stuff ...

No. Where is my "sunnin in da bahamas" song?

Better yet. Send me some nice snapshots of the island, traffic, whatever with that new cameraa of yours.

Yeah I avoid Itunes or any other program that basically has DRM software I did not ask for or adware I don't want. You can by music throgh other sources other than Itunes. They are just the biggy at the moment.

I just wanted Qucktime so I could play H.264 files and I was going to have to install the whole Itunes software package, so I said forget it.

yeah Ill see if i can get up early enough tomorrow to take some photos before dark ... Its a CMOS cam so it sucks at night ... ill plan a day this week to do a tour of the island, i think ill need more than the built in 32MB though ... at least for video ... i showed a client the camera, and what it does for the price, he's an importer of Asian stuff, and wants to bring them in and sell them, so might get a deal to work with him selling them here .. yep, just on that one product I can see them selling like hotcakes here ...