Sign in to follow this  
cypher007

dahau 5104h and recorded distortion

im finding the playback on the dvr annoying. it seems to have trouble with large object moving in the field of view and occasionally will blur the recording for maybe 1 sec. whats causing it? ive got the dvr set to 4096kbps CBR for all cams. could it be it cant handle this bit rate.

it seems to affect the moving object. almost like the dvr is caught off guard and is trying to catch up with the movement increase in bit rate needed. though this doesn't make sense if it is doing true cbr.

It would help if you posted a screenshot of what the problem looks like.

Typically, this will be dropped frames causing ghosting, where there are several frames worth of the moving object all shown together. You might try reducing the bit rate to see if it helps.

What Hard drive you have in the DVR? I had the same problem, the customer was using a standard HDD then we changed it with a SV drive and it fixed the problem also check what your prerecord is set to, the default is 4

I put a Samsung 2.5" 1TB drive I had in it. as when I checked a yale I had for about a week it had a standard desktop Seagate in it. ive dropped the bit rate to the default 2048kbps, which doesn't seem to have helped. yes the pre record is on 4, what should it be on?

ill try a pull a screenshot.