paulcull

CCTV with native browser viewing

Hi,

I have 8 cameras wired to an 8-ch pvr. This works fine, except for only being able to remote view the camera images through a custom app on my phone.

I'd like to replace the PVR with one that would support a more native web browser integration. Ideally one that would support a h.254 stream, webhook event triggering and http image request (e.g. http://cctv:port/image.cgi?cam=1 or similar).

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Paul

I could go to low hundreds, but not any higher. I know I could replace the whole system, but am looking for a better interim solution.

Thanks

I could go to low hundreds, but not any higher. I know I could replace the whole system, but am looking for a better interim solution.

Thanks

Well, there're some cctv camera security systems costing not that much but with quite a good quality. So I suggest you to buy a new system with a decent price. According to your requirements--8ch, h264, remote view from phone & web browser, I think it's a good option for you:

Floureon 8ch 960h cctv dvr + 4 bullet night vision camera 1000TVL waterproof IR-Cut security cameras kit

It supports 8 channel simultaneous live viewing via your phone (iPhones and android phones) or your pc. The dvr is H.264 compression and supports hdd recording. Hope it gives your some fresh idea.

Thanks

Well, there're some cctv camera security systems costing not that much but with quite a good quality. So I suggest you to buy a new system with a decent price. According to your requirements--8ch, h264, remote view from phone & web browser, I think it's a good option for you:

Floureon 8ch 960h cctv dvr + 4 bullet night vision camera 1000TVL waterproof IR-Cut security cameras kit

It supports 8 channel simultaneous live viewing via your phone (iPhones and android phones) or your pc. The dvr is H.264 compression and supports hdd recording. Hope it gives your some fresh idea.

Op would only be buying what he has now .... Still needs an app

I think more info make of dvr is needed ... Some will allow you to go direct with java script .

Is it that the app you are using is not good enough ?