It should be helpful for people to post different IP Management Software that they run across and some comments of what they think about each other. I've played around with my fair share, and always looking for good information. Here is my list with a few comments.

SoftSite32 - looks to be an interesting product, but pricing looks difficult. It appears that you pay per IP Camera and each IP Camera can have a different price. I have enough headaches in the day, I don't need a pricing nightmare...

Sony RealShot - This is the OEM Version of ONSSI NetDVR, but for Sony Only.

iNetCAM - Ivista6 - Affordable and easy to use and setup. Not a great featureset yet for camera options. It does just take what ever stream from the camera and you can't change actual camera settings from the software. It does have bandwidth throttling for the web server side of things. What is really nice it has a web server and so the client viewers don't have to pay licenses for the viewer. Many of the high end software management packages have a higher cost server, plus each viewing station has a licensing fee as well. This package can actually help lower the cost if going after smaller business. Also, if simplicity is what you are looking for, then it is also an easy interface for your customer to use.

Sharkseye - Call me lazy, call me an ex interface designer/software engineer, but this solution is too modularized and cluttered. The integration price doubles just trying to set the software up and figure everyting out. Testing for them must be a nightware with the software architecture that they have. Feature rich if you want to spend the extra time.

d3data - wow, just came accross this and even though I will need one of their SE's walk me through their solution, it looks slick. Not sure on pricing, but it looks like it is feature rich and someone took some time on the interface. I'm really looking forward to learning more about this product.

WebCamSoft - NetCamCenter - This product is interesting from the screen shots and most importantly its pricing. They have step pricing that is dependant upon number of cameras and the pricing allows you to compete against DVR's. The screen shots look pretty good, but they don't have a multi-camera evaluation download. I decided to purchase a two camera version just to evaluate it and it actually didn't break the bank.

AstaTech - Skywire - This is a company to watch with their solution. It appears they really understand security and distributive networks. They've got a lot of bells and whistles, but the interface is rather cluttered. Very techy looking. They currently have a Windows app for the viewer, but the are working on their web browser viewer. Good technology, interface is cluttered. Not what I would call the best interface for the end user. I always say simple is best and hide the details under a button or in a menu. One thing to note is they store in MPEG4 which can really save storage. I'm hoping more and more vendors do the MPEG4 format in the future.

Please let us know what you think of these products and others. My playing around with there are not exhaustive and just that, playing around and looking to see if they are a fit for our integration as well as a good fit for our customers to use.

Edited by Guest

Hi

Ill check them all out, thanks for the info. Are there any sites that list all the IP camera Sotfware solutions, just deal with the software side of it, instead of all the hardware that is out there? Maybe something worth getting started?

Also, any ideas on what is used to connect to the IP cameras? Developer wise, like in the instance that you want to make your own software?

Thanks

Rory

Py Software has an excellent IP Software Management solution. This is the best I have seen yet as far as ease of use as well as great performance for the price. www.pysoft.com The software has broadcast as well as http. Broadcast for good LAN performance and HTTP for Internet. Although the performance on the HTTP was very poor. This is by far one that people should check out. I think you will be amazed at how nice the product is.

Another item to note is they have 3 different file formats to choose from. Their own proprietary format for encryption as well as MPEG and AVI. The nice thing about AVI is that you choose your own compressor. I'm using Microsoft MPEG4 compression and getting great image quality with smaller sizes. This program keeps amazing me.

The only downfall I have seen thus far is their support. So far, they just don't get back to you. Bummer too, because this is great IP Software that takes on the $6000 versions for only $390.

Just FYI, after having used Py Software ActiveWeb Cam, I can say that the software version 5.0 is pretty buggy and the company gives no support. They don't answer questions and just say thanks for the suggestions, when in fact you ask them a question regarding a feature that doesn't work.

Very disappointing

Our company, a CCTV distributor, recently decided to add IP sollutions to our list of the carried products. Since the company used to carry Pixord cameras for a long time, so we looked through the Pixord solution partners. The product we decide to go with is LuxRiot - http://www.luxriot.com Besides Pixord they have a whole list of supported IP cameras and IP servers. The part we liked the most is that this software could work with ComArt and ProVideo boards as well.

I wouldnt call your company a distributor, you dont carry any brand names, just a couple OEM (low end) products.

Steady on rory, poor old vitaly has only just joined this forum.

I always thought if a company supplies trade customers, then it's not unreasonable for them to describe their operation as a product distributor.

Mind you, there does seem to be a different interpretation depending on which country you look at. Distributors in the UK are generally taken to be 'trade' only, whereas elsewhere some distributors supply to anyone.

Hey guys, what's the situation in other countries?

The sole purpose of my previous post was to bring attension to another IP software solution - LuxRiot, which for some reason has been overlooked in this discussion.

Rory: Even though it is irrelevant to this discussion, please, be constructive and suggest what major brands, you fill, would be benefitial to add to the cctv.net product line.

As for trade terminology, in my undestating the usual CCTV chain loooks like this Manufacturer -> Distributer -> Dealer/Installer -> End User. Distributer is making service to manufacturers by buying in bulk, importing products into the country, providing technical support and serving warranty, and service to dealers/installers by carefully selecting products to carry, keeping inventory and providing with everything possibly needed for an installation.

Edited by Guest

lets see,::

GE

Phillips

ExtremeCCTV

Altronix

Provideo

Fujinon

Tamron

to name a few, these are just some of the most popular with most CCTV distributors.

Edited by Guest

The sole purpose of my previous post was to bring attension to another IP software solution - LuxRiot, which for some reason has been overlooked in this discussion.

Rory: Even thou it is irrelevant to this discussion, please, be constructive and suggest what major brands, you fill, would be benefitial to add to the cctv.net product line.

As for trade terminology, in my undestating the usual CCTV chain loooks like this Manufacturer -> Distributer -> Dealer/Installer -> End User. Distributer is making service to manufacturers by buying in bulk, importing products into the country, providing technical support and serving warranty, and service to dealers/installers by carefully selecting products to carry, keeping inventory and providing with everything possibly needed for an installation.

Actually, it can also go: Manufacturer, Representative, Distributor, Dealer/Installer.

Rory, thank you for the list. It takes long time to establish a good business relationship with each manufacturer. CCTV.Net is a relatively new company; we serve CCTV dealers since 2001. Give it some time and you will be amazed...

Rory, thank you for the list. It takes long time to establish a good business relationship with each manufacturer. CCTV.Net is a relatively new company; we serve CCTV dealers since 2001. Give it some time and you will be amazed...

no prob, I know how those big brands can be anyway, they are a pain.

Great domain name though, how'd you manage that?!

I knew you would like the name. We got it recently from the auction. Don't ask how much we ended up paying.

Hi guys,

Our company (Optiview) entered into the network camera market this year. I'm the software developer for Optiview and would love your feedback on our IP Camera / Recording Software.

You can download a demo at:

http://www.optiviewpro.com/software.htm (this is our distributer site)

We OEM the network cameras from overseas and we are very impressed with the cameras and servers themselves. They come with a built-in html viewer (the software is for recording or viewing multiple cameras). Compression format is MPEG4 and the picture is great. You can see an example of the built-in html viewer at:

http://www.discount-security-cameras.net/network-camera-demo.html (this is our retail site).

There are many options standard in the cameras including various options for managing bandwidth, motion detection, security, etc.

The biggest downfall we saw with existing ip recording software out there is how poor the user interface is. In our software, we designed the interface to be very intuitive and easy. Available in 4, 9, 16 and 32 camera versions.

Like I said, we would love your feedback on the this.

Thanks in advance,

Maureen

PS: If anyone out there is in the Jacksonville FL area - we are having a grand opening of our new office tomorrow 11am - 2pm. Free lunch catered by Hooters. Come check us out!