kandcorp

Wireless Panic Pendant

With the use of a PC based DVR, does anybody know of any wireless panic pendants. Basically for convenience and small retail stores to offer the employee a quick panic button they can push in case of emergency. This would work with the DVR and somehow signal to the proper authorities in the event of a robbery, break-in, etc.

They make very affordable (less than $200 retail) dialers that have pendant transmitters. Once pressed, the dialer that is hooked into the phone line calls whatever number you have programmed into the unit.

This is probably more cost effective than trying to integrate something into a DVR.

Do they not have a burglary control? If they do it's no problem, if you can find out who made their alarm control?

Thanks Rory. Ever used them with a DVR?

I am thinking one of these maybe able to do the trick:

http://www.security.honeywell.com/hsce/products/wireless/au/st/19450.html#Ordering%20Information

Whenever the button is pushed it will use the PC's Alarm Sensor input, trigger the alarm, and the DVR software can make a phone call with a recorded voice message to 911 saying "send help, i am at 123 main st blah blah blah"

Thanks again rory, probably going to stick to the others you posted or something similar. Trying it out next week, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

yeah that AD2000 Dialer would work also if the DVR doesnt have that feature ...

I see some liability concerns here, dunno how your state works but in OK they are pretty dang picky when it comes to panics, fire and duress signals. I'm pretty sure those would be considered duress.

If liability is an issue, you can use a fog machine. These are crazy cool. I saw them at the ISC show last year and it was very impressive.

bandit1.gif

It shoots fog at a rate of something like 28 cubic meters per second. When the room is full, the fog is so dense that you can't see your hand in front of your face!

Totally agree- I used Linear for years, and they were very good, but about 8 years ago I did side by side testing of both and Inovonics were superior in every way. I've been using them exclusively for several years in a VERY RF hostile environment without any issues at all. I tested a pendant for an institutional kitchen by shutting myself in a stainless steel freezer and it hit the rcvr every time- No problem. They ROCK!!

at that point then you may as well use Ademco Wireless .. i can do 4 floors of concrete and steel with one of their keyfobs and a single reciever at the panel on the forth floor and keyfob on the ground floor ..

Ademco must have really upgraded their wireless technology in the last 20 years, cuz the Sontrix systems I was installing in the '80s were AWFUL! That's when I started using Linear which was a big improvement at the time.

im sure they have upgraded from the 80's

they're pretty much still all the same anyway, short of having the wireless repeaters now which can really help in alot of situations ..

I have to admit that the last piece of Ademco equipment I installed was a #1023 panel- and it was "state-of-the-art" at the time! Am I dating myself??

rory, do you own Ademco stock or something? Every post having to do with wireless panic, alarms or access control you say ADEMCO! While I dont know the Ademco product line to good I'm sure thats theres some faults in thier products just like any other equipment

Edited by Guest

I used them for 6 years without any problems, thats why I mention them ... done tons of wireless with them down here ..

So, I think I found exactly what I need:

One of these: http://www.linearcorp.com/product.asp?product=SNR00032

And one of these: http://www.linearcorp.com/product.asp?popup=true&product=SNT00054B

So I got these in today. Fresh from EBAY...only $20.00 total for both. I think I got a pretty good deal.

Anyway, got it hooked up and working with the DVR. Wireless pendant works at a pretty good distance too. Easy setup, except the cutting of the traces. I had the hardest time getting something small and sharp enough inside the TX to cut the traces for code setting. But finally did, and it works flawlessly.

I'm glad I didn't spend any extra..this is exactly what I needed.

If you haven't made you mind up yet this set up below works well. It is currently in use in over 400 C-stores on the east coast. Wireless pendant transmitts to dvr, and dvr alrms NOC. NOC calls store to confirm issue, then dispatches. If NOC does not respond auto dialer take control and call out.

all DSC http://www.dsc.com/Default.aspx?id=8

panel PC5020 (Power 864)

keypad/reciever RF5501-433

pendants wireless key WS4938

transmitter WLS925L-433

network comunicator T-Link (Can accommodate network based alarm set up)

http://www.adilink.com/services/productCatalog.php

altronix RB-5 relay

hold up button usp HUB2A page 48 adi intrusion products catolog

panel battery IM_1240 page 58 adi catolog

transformer any 16.5v AC 40va page 62 adi

You may find this link helpful as well.

http://forum.homesecuritystore.com/DSC/PC5020UM.pdf

page 17 has all the trouble codes