icrealtime

Anyone have any experience with Covi digital cameras?

One of my dealers turned me on to these guys and I was wandering if anyone has any opinions on the cameras. The technology looks very interesting; do they integrate with an analog DVR?

yes it integrates. The pic is extremely high res and the digital PTZ is also unique. They are very nice but they obviouly unique in application also. I have tested one, the 1000 with a computar low light, worked great. The 3 seperate "zoomed" pics also worked fine. As I see it, these would work great once positioned and set..after that the PTZ function would MAYBE used.

I have a armour dome, the 3000, coming in today. I'd like to use this for entry and exit are's where I can get the overall pic and then use the 3 digital zooms to get better facials.............clients want to get faces and I think this will get "in thier face". The armour feature makes it possible to bring the camera lower for perfect level shots.

Thanks VST

Can you PM me the prices that you paid? Did you buy direct from Covi?

Very interested in how the dome works for you.

Thanks

Id like to see a test side by side with a GE Day Night Exview Box camera, for Low lighting comparison .. that was the only thing I noticed it didnt do too well yet ... from the specs ...

Yes, I have sold quite a few of these COVI cameras. The EVQ1000's are incredibly different and unique. They have extremely high resolution and one camera captures 4 seperate images. The only thing is that you need a handheld PDA or laptop to progam it. And for techs, 10 foot up on a ladder, that can be a nusance.

Perfect application-- Gated community. One cam can capture Licence plate #, overall view, zoom in of drivers face, and zoom in of backround.

Rory is right- the old models had horrible lux (picture quality in low light)

The new ones are better- 0.1 lux-- not great. A lighting source is recommended.

Check out specs.. http://www.covitechnologies.com/user_files/pdf/product/datasheet/evq_v2_datasheet_web.pdf

yeah thats not day night ...but getting there .

do you stil get the multiple images with the regular composite output, says its 800TVL ... dont see how you will really get a licence plate with that though ... unless using the PC software they provide and the PC output to get the megapixels? And DVR software still only does 720x480 tops ...

downloading some of the videos, so far doesnt look any different except it has multiple windows ... also im sure it depends on the DVR and compression used .. Im sure it must be more geared towards their own custom software/NVR solution ... though maybe i was expecting megapixel quality