Tom the Handyman

Outdoor Rated Siamese Cable

I would not be as worried about the rating as I would about light'n............ube sure to use surge protection.....

- why not go wiresless? how far a distance?

ditchwitch's are rentable and smarter!!!

There are 4 buildings in a U shape. Two on one side and two on the other side with parking between and grass area st the top of the U

In order to get camera's on the other side of the DVR location I have two options.

1. Install guy wire across the parking lot (appox 100 ft)

2. Trench around the perimeter (appox 1200 ft)

Any help?

Thanks

Tom

- wireless will work with high gain antenna's, routers, and access points. I put a previous post/reply here that helped another do this.....maybe that person can reply here with results, equipment used, ect.

- is the parking lot cement or blacktop? If blacktop you can trensh it and repair it. cement is a hassel......

- any exhisting telephone wires between building that are NOT USED? If yes you could use them for your video.

if it were me I'd buy a router with wireless, a access point with wireless, high gain antenna's, and then test your possible install locations for signal strength, ect. If it all works your in biz to expand and integrate.

100ft is no big deal for cheaper wireless.............unless there is a mountain in the way.

Here's a link tothe post VST_Man mentions.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4717

I have ordered all the equipment but haven't got it yet. I'll report back when it gets installed. I ordered the access point, router and antennas from newegg for $170 AFTER rebates. I did choose the DWL G700AP access point instead of the one suggested. (I can't remember why at the moment). There is a typo in the first newegg link. Just remove the extra http.

The dvr I'm buying is the JSD-1600, http://camlux.com/products/prd_view.php?no3=15&no4=95

(not the company I'm buying it from).

Mary H.

I think wireless might be the right solution but have two questions..

1. How do you connect the camera (non IP) to your access point.

2. Can I add a second antenna on another building and point toward the main antenna for additional remote camear's?

Thanks

Tom

This thread sounds all fine and good, however I am still trying to figure out how you guys are planning on transmitting your video feeds from a traditional analog camera using D-Link gear from Newegg.com.

I see nothing more than just establishing a low cost "VLAN" if you will.

Based on what I am reading (unless I am just not reading this correctly) Tom is wishing to transmit wireless video from each camera point back to the head end DVR. I don't see how 200 bucks of D-Link gear is going to accomplish this?

Please clarify here if you will Tom, or correct me if I am just missing something obvious because I am tired this morning?

Scottj

Ahhh.......well then....

Take a look at the Videocomm 5.8Ghz Tx/Rx kits, or even MicroTek's 5.8Ghz wireless products. http://www.videocommtech.com/index.php?SCREEN=view_catalogue_level4&model_ID=378

One kit per camera is required, however you only would use this type of equipment when using an analog camera set. The quality is installed correctly is very good whether using either brand.

As VSTman described earlier, you could use an IP solution which consist of IP cameras or video servers and just create a VLAN environment and backhaul the video feeds to a server for archiving. Software packages such as MileStone work well and are within a reasonable budget.

For the size of your installation as you mentioned to me on a previous conversation, if you can stick to wired versus wireless I think you will be much better off. It would probably be cheaper to bore conduit underground between the buildings and stick to a complete analog to DVR solution.

Scottj

IP camera's are the way to go on this......I should have been more specific, but, the overall cost of a Analogue camera compared to a IP camera is not that much more. you can also get a WEB server for the analogue camera's.

compared to mining, the low cost wireless is still a decent option. I've even used the cheap Dlnk IP cams and got pretty decent pics and recording. It's not a 5k project but it will do the job.

sorry if I was not specific on that info..............