Hi, apologies if this has been covered many times....i have searched but couldnt find anything.....

Installed Annke 2 camera system using cat5e and baluns.....and having ghosting from other camera right to left and vice versa.....

Checked all connections, changed baluns and checked all connections again and again......unsure what to check next......

Image is slightly better when one camera disconnected.......

Sending me nuts.........

Thanks in advance

I'm having the same issue as you, I've made a post but no fix for it yet.

Also, when I disconnect just the video from 1 of my cameras that is ghosting, it disappears lol

Here is my post with more info, maybe someone can help us

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=46822

Hi badmop..... Read your topic sounds just like mine...next option which will be a nightmare is to run separate power cables, more holes to drill...

My issues seems to be at the BNC behind the DVR, I am not 100% sure, I haven't really dug into it since my post. I have been doing other things, but I've got to find the fix as I would like to set motion detection on the 2 cameras that are ghosting. It trips the motion detection because of the ghosting on the cameras.

I may swap my power supply out and see if that changes anything also, eliminate all possible issues. Since mine are on separate video cables now and the problem still exists, not too much left.

Hi, apologies if this has been covered many times....i have searched but couldnt find anything.....

Installed Annke 2 camera system using cat5e and baluns.....and having ghosting from other camera right to left and vice versa.....

Checked all connections, changed baluns and checked all connections again and again......unsure what to check next......

Image is slightly better when one camera disconnected.......

Sending me nuts.........

Thanks in advance

Ghosting is seldom caused by power issues. If it really is ghosting (as against something else) then it is a result of signal reflection. Think of it as an echo. This will generally be caused by impedance mismatch or poor termination proceedures. I really dont understand your statement about ghosting from right to left. If you have an image transferrence from another camera it is not ghosting. You really need to be careful about how you describe your problem if you are seeking help via a forum (or post pics)

Thanks Toss ~ apologies for my lack of technical expertise in detailing my problem.....

I have 2 cameras .

On the monitor when selecting Camera 1 it has camera 2's image "ghost" like, translucent, scrolling across my monitor right to left.

On the monitor when selecting Camera 2 it has camera 1's image "ghost" like, translucent, scrolling across my monitor left to right.

The cameras + DVR were bought part of a kit, all matched i have added nothing.

The cable is cat5e with baluns. i have checked and double checked termination.

Video of monitor =

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UghGgiV4-c&feature=em-upload_owner

Would a BNC Ground Loop Isolator between camera and dvr be beneficial ?

Thinking of buying 2 ground loop isolators to see if that works before running more cable.....

Why dont you try taking some asprin. What has asprin got to do with ghosting you might well ask? ............ About as much as ground loop isolators have.

Always one ^

Bought 2 ground loop isolators, fitted and picture is crystal clear...

What ones did you buy?

glad it worked

Always one ^

Bought 2 ground loop isolators, fitted and picture is crystal clear...

Bought 2 off eBay, £12 delivered.

Worked a treat no ghosting at all on either camera, I'll pm you the details.

may I know what kind of ground loop isolators are you using? because I face the same issue. But I have no idea how to connect isolator to my camera.

I bought some off eBay.... They simply connect in line to back of dvr unit.... Worked fantastic for me.. Stopped the Ghosting / scrolling