Sign in to follow this  
Timmie

Not Recording Footage Q

I'm having big problems in having cameras on a new AHD DVR record. I can see the images on screen live, I can view remotely live, but nothing is being recorded.

I hear you say you must not have the setting 'record' set, but I have, all that should be checked is checked. See attached

I have a mixture of AHD and Analogue Cameras, which I am told will work on the DVR. Channel 1 encoding is used for a PTZ AHD camera, Channel 7 uses an Analogue, see attached, are these correct?

I am really baffled as to why no recordings are happening, yet I can get Motion Detect emails

Capture.JPG.cae326093bfd683920a2dc4987ffc888.JPG

Capture2.JPG.c9019e76f08ae857532db169c6adeb4f.JPG

Capture3.JPG.11d553f6be3c367485a2742893755550.JPG

Does that 2 for I-frame interval mean every 2 frames or 2 seconds?

Have a look in your motion detection settings. There will be a box in there than needs to be checked for record on motion.

Does that 2 for I-frame interval mean every 2 frames or 2 seconds?

Have a look in your motion detection settings. There will be a box in there than needs to be checked for record on motion.

- Not really sure on the frames, drop down goes up to 12

- yep they are checked also, see below

Capture.JPG.591aee856a33dc082f1acc734901532a.JPG

I would set your recording to manual and see what happends

Plus what mix of cameras do you have ..... If 8 channel you can't run AHD ON more than 4 channels ....it turns your recorder into a 4 way

I would set your recording to manual and see what happends

I will try that, is "manual" just on demand, your looking live and want then to record what you see? My plan was to record 24/7 and also detection, if you see what I mean

Plus what mix of cameras do you have ..... If 8 channel you can't run AHD ON more than 4 channels ....it turns your recorder into a 4 way

Yes, I'm aware you need to have the AHD's in pairs, thus Ch 1 & 2. I've an AHD on 1; Analogue on 3 & 7 (so 3 in total at the minute)

Just to inform you of the fix. I was using a lower Amp than required 1.7 v 4, thus although it was turning the DVR on, it wasn't sparking up the HDD

Here's me think all you have to do is ensure you have plugged it in to power!