Luckyroverbill

Same picture on from two cameras ?

Hi, new to CCtv but will jump straight in, got a bog standard 'sunluxury' 8 channel dvr. Have two wireless cameras with switches on for channels 1-4. Up pops the user interface on TV displaying 1-4 cameras. Have one camera on channel one the other one channel two all plugged in correctly but on channel one and two on the tv they are both showing the same picture, despite having one in the living room and one pointing out of the kitchen window. the picture showing is on both is channel one in the living room.

Any basic suggestions may be helpful...

Hi, new to CCtv but will jump straight in, got a bog standard 'sunluxury' 8 channel dvr. Have two wireless cameras with switches on for channels 1-4. Up pops the user interface on TV displaying 1-4 cameras. Have one camera on channel one the other one channel two all plugged in correctly but on channel one and two on the tv they are both showing the same picture, despite having one in the living room and one pointing out of the kitchen window. the picture showing is on both is channel one in the living room.

Any basic suggestions may be helpful...

Check your IP address settings. It sounds like Channel 2 has been given the same IP address as Camera 1 on Channel 1. Also check that both camera's have a unique IP address.

Many thanks,

The cameras are two sentient mini wireless color cams (code N37CX) ( i did say bog standard) can be run on batteries or plugged in, frequency 2.4 ghz, the unit is H-264. It seems as though one cams signal is dominating the frequency, cause if i move one about, for a spit second you get two different pics but always reverts to the same pic on channel one and two. I'm 99% sure they are plugged in proper but their ain't much out there that gives you a 'clear and precise' step by step picture guide.

Not too sure about the advice for ip addresses would do much as i ain't got has far as viewing them on the web yet.

Would like to sort it out as i feel a passion coming on for this kind of stuff, but as per usual the initial problems tend to put a damper on...bit like stubbing my toe on the bed post just as the missis is giving me the all clear..

Ps will post pics of set-up if needed.

Edited by Guest

Many thanks,

The cameras are two sentient mini wireless color cams (code N37CX) ( i did say bog standard) can be run on batteries or plugged in, frequency 2.4 ghz, the unit is H-264. It seems as though one cams signal is dominating the frequency, cause if i move one about, for a spit second you get two different pics but always reverts to the same pic on channel one and two. I'm 99% sure they are plugged in proper but their ain't much out there that gives you a 'clear and precise' step by step picture guide.

Not too sure about the advice for ip addresses would do much as i ain't got has far as viewing them on the web yet.

Would like to sort it out as i feel a passion coming on for this kind of stuff, but as per usual the initial problems tend to put a damper on...bit like stubbing my toe on the bed post just as the missis is giving me the all clear..

You have standard Analog cameras

All u can do try different channels

Many thanks,

You have standard Analog cameras

All u can do try different channels

Thanks AK, short and sweet, will give it a go...

Yes, I had a feeling by what you described that you had 2.4ghz cameras and not IP cameras.

There should be a switch to change either camera to a different channel, usually like 1,2,3, or 4 channels, or maybe even A,B,C,D etc.

If the cameras do not have a channel switch, they are both operating on the same channel, so you can't use them at the same time. Cell phones, microwaves, and other things can easily interfere with 2.4ghz wireless cameras.

Yes, I had a feeling by what you described that you had 2.4ghz cameras and not IP cameras.

There should be a switch to change either camera to a different channel, usually like 1,2,3, or 4 channels, or maybe even A,B,C,D etc.

If the cameras do not have a channel switch, they are both operating on the same channel, so you can't use them at the same time. Cell phones, microwaves, and other things can easily interfere with 2.4ghz wireless cameras.

thanks Badmop, they do have the little switches..1-4. Got one on 1 the other on two, but no change. Their maybe a couple of things interfering maybe my internet or something, will have another go this weekend. They are pretty basic but will be ideal for what i want when working properly.