Sign in to follow this  
thewall

Can a Camera be to Good

I have a Securix 4 channel system and i think the cameras have 540 lines,so i went out and brought a Senteint 1000 line camera but the image is not as good as the stock cameras,can a camera be to good for the system or the monitor,my monitor is a Sony 15"SDM-S51

Resolution 1024 x 768 @ 85Hz computer monitor. I have to adjust the colour balance for the day and night..

Hi

What is your recording resolution on your DVR? if you are using CIF or D1 then yes the camera resolution is higher than what your DVR can record however 1000tvl is better than 540tvl but is it a CCD or CMOS chip, and what brand (eg) sony or sharp all these are factors that will give a 1000tvl camera better or less picture quality

Regards

Good chances are 1000 TVL can render a better video than 540 TVL, because it is new and improved. All these are analog cameras, capable of D1 or 960H resolution. But your old DVR may be limited to CIF recording. You may buy a new analog DVR, less than U$40, capable of D1 or 960H recording. If you do not like the quality, you can buy a HD-analog DVR and its paired HD- analog cameras, if you pay more. HD-analog DVR are kinds of HD-CVI, HD_TVI, and HD-AHD.

the seintient camera is probably a low cost 960H camera which is not 1000tvl but around 700 tvl.

or a AHD or CVD camera but still same problem.

the cameras native imagesize is 16:9 so not 4:3. the image is there atered to be able to record it, your DVR is probably not good enough to process this. buy a DVR that can cope with this size and your quality will improve.

so yes a camera can be to good, but only for your DVR.

for me a camera can never be to good

The discussion about TVL (TV lines) is weird because if we're talking about NTSC/PAL, the signal is analog but with a fixed number of horizontal sweep lines.

So how many horizontal dots/lines are there in an analog signal? As many as you want. It is entirely possible to have 5000 TVL with only 525 fixed sweep lines.

In analog terms, the actual resolution limit is the dot size of the camera and TV and the broadcast bandwidth. If a wire shadow mask or no mask is used, technically the horizontal display resolution is nearly infinite up to the broadcast bandwidth limit.

Though for general digital purposes it's considered to only be approximately 640x480 or 512x384