kg6mti

Mace CAM68CIR camera samples

I have been looking at the Mace CAM68CIR camera. Can anyone provide me any sample images from both night and day? Any information anyone can provide about this camera would be wonderful. Pro's and Con's. Is the camera worth using?

Thanks!

If your on a budget, the camera will do the trick. If you can spend a little more money, you might find something that performs a little better.

What are you using the camera for? Do you have lighting or do you need the infrared?

If you have lighting, just get a color only camera, it should be a much better image as then it would have a fixed iR cut filter.

Below is the area that I need to watch. I will need to have IR support for night time coverage. The distance from the current camera location to the building in the distance is about 40 feet. The area across is about 20 - 25 feet.

The issues I have currently are that the existing camera does a pretty good job day and night. The problems come in when usually at night when it is cold. The lens gets pretty affected by condensation and obstructs the view and effectiveness of the IR.

In the specs for the CAM68CIR I notices that they specifically mention that the camera's IR and lens are mounted as two separate pieces that eliminates cold condensation that can cause image dysfunction and block IR reflection.

budget is not the main concern. However I am not interested in a $1,500 dome PTZ camera.

Snap1.jpg

Thanks!

You probably have the same camera ...

The camera that is currently mounted at the location is a Mace CAM53CIR not the CAM68CIR.

securitymonster wrote "If your on a budget, the camera will do the trick" You write that as if your knocking the Mace brand period!

I'm not going to get into a battle of the brands, as my earlier posts state promote what you feel comfortable with, and having written that, I've purchased over $1 million in product from Mace Security in FY 2005 and will double that this year and I find the products equal to about everything on the market.

Having wrote that, if kg6mti surveillance target is barn, I would recommend the CAM 75 Long Range IR, it will light up the whole back yar. It's a fixed 12 mm lens IR, but will do the trick.

If you are going to want a vari-focal lens, go with the CAM 76.

I think he is just being honest. Mace, along with Eclipse, Cop, etc, are all Budget equipment. Its just how it is. not knocking the brand, they just use cheap equipment, and there is a market for that.

Heck even im selling Eclipse now, lotta cheap people out there yah know ..

I don't think it's a matter of being cheap. Everyone has different needs.

I'm a homeowner and thought that I might get some help here from experts, but can see that judgements are being made and perhaps I might be better served on another forum.

I think the point we should make is, a system is only as good as it’s weakest link. That includes the cameras. DVR, monitor, installation and supplies. Simply, we should take all this back to it’s simplest form.

For example, if you want to identify a person you don’t know approx. 70 ft from the camera, you might want a 5-50 mm veri focal lens. The quality of the lens matched to the quality of the camera, DVR, installation and supplies, will also have an effect on the over all picture. However, that doesn’t mention the sacrifice of field of view. I now you pro’s clearly understand what I’m trying to say in regard to installing a system.

When I speak with a customer in my business, I tell them that, this is the most durable rout to take and will cover your needs. However, if you choose the cheaper products you will most likely sacrifice picture quality, durability and so on.

If the customer is not willing to accept what I feel is a minimum standard, then, I will turn that customer away. Simply, I’m not going to pay for the customers mistake in the end.

I don't think some people asking for help understand that.

Again, I know you pro’s understand

Maybe cheap is the wrong word - broke? Hey im in the same boat, I cant afford an Extreme CCTV camera outside my home. But I also cant afford to install cheap products for other people for the problems that come along with them. Now I can sell them the camera, but they will have to install it themselves and there is no warranty.