DVRTECHMAN

How change the baud rate on Hitachi VK Series block Camera

Hello

I am looking for information on how to reprogram the Hitachi VK-S series block cameras used in Pelco Spectra dome cameras. I need to reprogram this block cameras to a different baud rate (from 9600 to 4800) trough the RS232 from my laptop with windows XP with the terminal program. Also if the commands to do that. Thank you in advance for your help

Arsen

Hello

Hello

I am looking for information on how to change the baud rate on the Hitachi VK-S series block cameras used in Pelco Spectra dome cameras. I need to reprogram this block cameras to a different baud rate (from 9600 to 4800) trough the RS232 from my laptop with windows XP with the terminal program.

Thank you in advance for your help

That is correct Survtech. The camera block is getting the command from the mainboard, e.g open/close iris, zoom in/out and has nothing to do with the baud rate, protocol, and addressing.

Good Luck!

Phil

Sorry guys but I know for sure that on the Spectra III main boards communicates with the block cameras at 4800 baud

and on the Spectra IV main boards communicates at the 9600 baud rate. I spoke to a Hitachi technician and he verified that and he mailed me the serial codes for the different baud rates but he didn't know how to do that with the Hyper Terminal from a PC. I will be keep searching for the answer.

Thank you all for your comments