misslehead3

HikVision Remote Viewing Issues

Hey all, I have been browsing this forum for a couple weeks and havent figured out this issue still. As a tech, I hate asking for help but I know when its needed and its needed now.

My configuration in question:

A dozen or so DS-2CD27332F-IS HikVision cameras. All installed on a remote computer.

All with HTTP Ports @ 80

All with RTSP ports @ 8450

All with local device ports @ 8000-8015, one port for each camera.

A PCNVR, version 1.03.06.02 on the same remote computer with all the cameras locally added and working.

HTTP Port @ 80

RTSP Port @ 8450

Device Port @ 8100

A router of unknown make and model, with the following ports open:

8450 for RTSP

8100 for NVR

8000-8015 for All the cameras. Each open port on the IP associated with the camera in question.

Now, that should be all the configuarion details required, onto the issue. We are trying to access this computer at its public IP to be able to view the cameras through a web browser. We are able to get into the NVR and see the cameras are attached to it, but when we try to start live view on one of the cameras we get a "Live View Failed." message on the web browser. When we use a browser on the remote computer and go through the localhost IP we can pull up the NVR without a problem and we can also see the cameras in live view through the browser (Firefox).

My question is what am I doing wrong? I have opened every port I can think of, I would love to DMZ this router but I cant due to security issues since this is a live system, also the reason I cant give the public IP out. This forum is very helpful and I have seen how fast people can respond to questions, so I look forward to someone getting back to me.

EDIT: I was able to DMZ a router for a short time and it showed the cameras on the main NVR screen. So that concludes that this is a port issue, I just cant figure out which ports on what IPs I need to have open to make this work when DMZ is turned off.

Edited by Guest

You have to change web port into the cameras, for example

cam 1 - 192.168.1.100:81

cam 2 - 192.168.1.101:82 etc

and those ports redirect on the router.

You have to change web port into the cameras, for example

cam 1 - 192.168.1.100:81

cam 2 - 192.168.1.101:82 etc

and those ports redirect on the router.

Ok, so set all the ips of the cameras to one up from each other IP, and then set the web ports for each to be 1 apart?

When you will make redirect ports on the router you have to be login from public IP

for example

cam 1 - http://123.123.123.123:81

cam 2 - http://123.123.123.123:82

Ok, maybe there is a misunderstanding here, I am trying to access the cameras via the NVR, all on one screen not wanting to have to go to a bunch of different websites to see each individual camera. Also, I was able to DMZ a router for a short time and it worked, it pulled up all the cameras in the NVR screen.

Wouldn't you just forward everything to the PCNVR? I'd assume it supports streaming of its connected cameras.

Also did you change the default ports PCNVR uses? As standard they are 80, 554 and 8000.

What i did with my Hikvision cameras is the following:

I'm using a Hikvision NVR as well to note, so that way i can connect directly to the NVR using my phone rather then each camera:

Each camera uses a static IP address:

192.168.0.101 first camera

192.168.0.102 second camera and so on

Each Camera i had left the HTTP port at 80, much easier to access using a browser (firefox recommended by me)

RSTP and HTTPS ports left alone

I had changed each server port, basically made them correspond to the IP address

Camera 1: IP: 192.168.0.101 Server Port: 8101

Camera 2: IP: 192.168.0.102 Server Port: 8102

I had also disabled all other options:

DDNS, PPPoE, SNMP, and so on

I also disabled UPnP and Nat (Port Mapping) also. This was because i was using the NVR to directly connect to the cameras. I noticed this also improved speed/response time and picture quality of the camera.

On your PC you should find what your server port is

then in your router Port forward the Server port

then use a website such as http://portchecker.co/canyouseeme to see if the port is open

Since youre also using a PC, check and make sure the port is open with your firewall

What i did with my Hikvision cameras is the following:

I'm using a Hikvision NVR as well to note, so that way i can connect directly to the NVR using my phone rather then each camera:

Each camera uses a static IP address:

192.168.0.101 first camera

192.168.0.102 second camera and so on

Each Camera i had left the HTTP port at 80, much easier to access using a browser (firefox recommended by me)

RSTP and HTTPS ports left alone

I had changed each server port, basically made them correspond to the IP address

Camera 1: IP: 192.168.0.101 Server Port: 8101

Camera 2: IP: 192.168.0.102 Server Port: 8102

I had also disabled all other options:

DDNS, PPPoE, SNMP, and so on

I also disabled UPnP and Nat (Port Mapping) also. This was because i was using the NVR to directly connect to the cameras. I noticed this also improved speed/response time and picture quality of the camera.

On your PC you should find what your server port is

then in your router Port forward the Server port

then use a website such as http://portchecker.co/canyouseeme to see if the port is open

Since youre also using a PC, check and make sure the port is open with your firewall

Ok, I have the hallway camera set to ip .48

with RTSP @ 554

HTTP @ 80

Server Port @ 8004

All 3 of these ports are open on the router.

As far as the NVR goes, I have it on IP .5 and routerwise:

HTTP @ 8080

RTSP @ 554

SDK @ 9000.

I dont know which other ports to open to get this to work

Ok because maybe I havent been totally clear with what my issue is here are some screenshots.

These attached pictures show the router settings, a camera setting, and the NVR settings. Can someone confirm that all these settings are correct and if not point me in the right direction.

Capture1.PNG.94360581c4b9077cc11fcc2e68c7f1a1.PNG

Capture.PNG.5d7e1a1087ce268e094be2a442eff90d.PNG

Capture2.PNG.f6c4a74c62678865f2083b2db37d726c.PNG

Ok so heres some updated information about my current setup. I switched from using the NVR to trying to get the stream via the IVMS 4200 that was just released a few days ago. Heres the new setup:

A dozen or so DS-2CD27332F-IS HikVision cameras. All installed on a remote computer. If I can get one working then the rest will come shortly afterwards so I will post the relavent details for that camera.

Hallway cam with HTTP Ports @ 80

Hallway cam with RTSP ports @ 554

Hallway cam with local port @ 8004

IVMS 4200 version 2.4.0.4 build20150916

HTTP Port @ 8080

HTTP Port for IVMS @ 8080

Hallway Cam Local Port @ 8004

Hallway Cam RTSP @ 554

Hallway Cam HTTP @ 80

With these settings I am still unable to get a live view from a remote computer but I can get a stream on the local network

You only need to forward the ports of your NVR and not all the cameras if you want to do remote viewing. Seems like your RTSP port is not open or not configured correctly based on the "live view failed" error.

Ok, so after much more time spent on this and much tweaking I have confined some of the issues of the cameras and reworded some things to hopefully help make things more clear for anyone reading this.

A dozen or so DS-2CD27332F-IS HikVision cameras. All installed on a remote computer. If I can get one working then the rest will come shortly afterwards so I will post the relavent details for that camera.

Hallway cam with HTTP Ports @ 80

Hallway cam with RTSP ports @ 554

Hallway cam with local port @ 8004

I am between two pieces of software and I am not really sure which one I want to be using. I have access to iVMS 2.4.x, 2.3.x, and the PCNVR software that was recently removed from most of HikVisions website.

IVMS 4200 version 2.4.0.4 build20150916

IVMS 4200 version 2.3.1.3 build20150416

PCNVR version 1.03.06.02

HTTP Port @ 80

RTSP Port for PCNVR (cant set it on IVMS) @ 10554

Local Port for PCNVR (cant set it on IVMS) @ 15000

Whichever one of these I should go with I can install at have setup at port 80 in minutes. Depending on what works

HTTP Port for IVMS / PCNVR @ 80

RTSP Port for PCNVR (cant set it on IVMS) @ 10554

Local Port for PCNVR (cant set it on IVMS) @ 15000

Hallway Cam Local Port @ 8004

Hallway Cam RTSP @ 554

What I am working towards is getting remote access so that a computer in Sacramento can access a camera in Yuba City where they are physically located. I have gotten remote RTSP feeds working and when I go into the camera from a remote connection I can get a feed via the VLC plugin thats available when you are using a stream media server. All which hasnt worked on the main web interface for any of the IVMS programs. Some things I have tried are using VLC media player to pull the RTSP stream which works fine and I can also use a computer on the local network to view the cameras through a web interface. This feels strongly of an issue with which ports are open on the router.

I am suspecting that because I cant open both UDP and TCP ports on the router, only TCP, that could be causing some degree of issues, also I am using a PC to host the software and not actual HikVision hardware.

Thanks for your time and I left a TLDR on the bottom for anyone who just wants the question.

tldr; Cant remotely view my cameras and I dont know which ports to open to make it work for me.

You only need to forward the ports of your NVR and not all the cameras if you want to do remote viewing. Seems like your RTSP port is not open or not configured correctly based on the "live view failed" error.

Ok. Lets work on the assumption its the RTSP port. I have moved that port around too many times to count, opened it on my router and checked with multiple port scanners, portchecker.co and canyouseeme.org, both showing the port I change it to are open. I can use 554, 10554, or any number in between and I am being told by port checkers they are open.

What am I missing here still? I can get the RTSP open, and am still getting Live View Failed errors. I can post a screenshot of my router if its relevant but the point I am trying to make is its not due to lack of RTSP being open.