Sign in to follow this  
naiefelyemeni

How long can cat5 transmit power without issues?

Hi,

How long can I do runs in cat5 CCA and full copper cat5 without power loss? And what's the best guys wall adapters or power supply boxes ? If I'm doing 32 cameras ?

Are you using POE? If you are using CCA you would be in code violation in most parts of the country. Look at the numerous posts about CCA on these forums as well as other internet resources.

Are you using POE? If you are using CCA you would be in code violation in most parts of the country. Look at the numerous posts about CCA on these forums as well as other internet resources.

did not know that... my first time using cat5 i always used coax solid copper..first time and last time after all this headache with this install

Hi. Do you have that camera behind glass is the first question

no just the camera.. and i gave all them enough amperage but still getting the effects of low power. i need to test out the ends of those long runs to see but i assumed 200ft or less is short runs and should have any issues..

no just the camera.. and i gave all them enough amperage but still getting the effects of low power. i need to test out the ends of those long runs to see but i assumed 200ft or less is short runs and should have any issues..

What are the effects of low power as you see it?

How did you take that image you posted ??

You can clearly see an image of someone .... So if not behind glass then your other problem is ghosting.

How did you take that image you posted ??

You can clearly see an image of someone .... So if not behind glass then your other problem is ghosting.

its a snapshot of the mobile app live view.. and its the same as if you were to see it on the monitor.. i did the voltage calulator and if thats true im getting way to low voltage on a 180ft run using CCA garbage lol im going to power it closer to the camera and hopefully that resolves the issue.. Qustion though how is that the lower Amps go longer distance than higher amps? you think if i lower the Amps it will get the voltage to the cameras? but then its lower amps and the camera needs at least 700-1000MA?

What are the effects of low power as you see it?

as soon as the irs kicked in the 6-10 cameras went ****ty.. even during the day you can see light vertical lines or just a little blurry pic.. but the closer ones to the dvr have a nice picture..