Henakk

Multiple Display Outputs

Hello everyone, I am an employee for a small business and my manager has tasked me with getting a security system. He likes the way the Samsung SDH-C5100 looks but wants to feed it to two displays. The DVR the kit comes with has a VGA and HDMI outputs but I could not find anything regarding if you can use both at once.

What he wants is one main monitor which you oversee all the cameras from and another that we have a live feed going to. For example I could sit in my office and view all of them at once but on the display in the office only ones that we select are being shown. I guess the easiest way to explain this is sort of like having a extended desktop with one side for viewing purposes and the other for control purposes.

I doubt the system out of the box can do it and I could not find any information elsewhere. What else would I need to buy and how would I go about setting it up?

Thank you all in advanced!

I just purchased the same system. Everything was working great until I tried to hook up multiple monitors. In my case I was using splitters on both the VGA and the HDMI outputs to supply 2 VGA monitors and an HDMI monitor as well as a HDMI to video to feed my whole house channel modulator. The DVR reset the resolution settings for each output and I can no longer get a picture out to even program or reset the DVR even though I went back to a single monitor fed with a VGA. The guide says you can use both outputs at the same time but having splitters installed probably confused the automatic resolution settings. I no longer get any output from the DVR to view my cameras since the settings will not display on my monitors. The monitors say to rest the resolution but you need a display in order to reset it with the mouse. You might be ok with only 1 device attached at each output according to the instruction manual. Will be calling support on Monday to fix this.

Thank you for your reply, now with both outputs being used do they show the same thing or can you have different feeds on each?

Thank you for your reply, now with both outputs being used do they show the same thing or can you have different feeds on each?

You may try and confirm it. To me, they would show the same picture. Showing different cameras in different configurations would cost a lot bandwidth. So in general, not allowed by its chip set makers.

Both outputs would have the same picture. I have done a Goggle search that suggests a fix for my issue that I will be trying Monday. It says to hook up a hi-res HDMI monitor to get a picture so I can reset the resolution back to match my original monitor that worked before I put the splitter in the circuit. I don't know what will happen when I put the HDMI splitter back in but I don't think I will be using the VGA splitter if it keeps resetting my res settings. Maybe if I set it manually, it will stay. I will know soon.

You may try and confirm it. To me, they would show the same picture. Showing different cameras in different configurations would cost a lot bandwidth. So in general, not allowed by its chip set makers.

Why is every post about chip sets ?.....?? And why talk bandwidth . When it has nothing to do with this post .

You have a few options in not bought your dvr

Look for units that have a programmable spot out

Or look for dvrs or cards that have a local cms built in

Aver units all have 3 outputs all programmable

Geo has two

OK, as stated in my original reply, I have the same system as the original poster referenced. It does indeed send a video signal out to both the VGA and the HDMI ports at the same time and they are the same picture. The instructions say so and now that my system is up and running, I can confirm it. My system reset the output resolution when I had both an older lower res monitor hooked to the VGA port and a slightly newer monitor and splitter hooked to the HDMI port. The second monitor only had VGA and DVI ports so I added a DVI to HDMI adapter. This probably confused the auto setting HDMI mode and I lost both outputs. I hooked a different TV up directly to the HDMI port and my picture returned. I hooked up a newer higher res monitor to the VGA port and both displays work just fine. I received an E-mail response from a Samsung tech today that told me it would not work with no other tips or advice. No help there. Google is your friend. That is how I came up with the idea to swap in a higher res display to get my picture back. I will be buying a higher res monitor for my second display, probably with HDMI, and switch out my 2 way HDMI splitter for a 4 way and leave the VGA with only one load. I need a splitter somewhere to feed my channel modulator for whole house tv feed. Got my phone to display camera feed also from this system but seems to be in playback mode. Having an issue with my Linxs setup but getting there. Overall pretty happy with system for a non-techie.

Thank you prostreetamx for confirming what I believed.

tomcctv With getting a different DVR would I have to get a different camera kit? As long as the DVR has the same inputs for the cameras it should be fine?