MAD King

Hardwired System-Help needed

Hello all,

I need help in finding an acceptable system for my house.

I need 6-7 cameras and I was looking at the Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I, but I cannot find anything if it is hardwired or IP. It also seems that there are almost no good reviews out.

Does anyone know about this camera or may recommend another one?

I also need a recorder for these cameras.

Thank you

Hello all,

I need help in finding an acceptable system for my house.

I need 6-7 cameras and I was looking at the Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I, but I cannot find anything if it is hardwired or IP. It also seems that there are almost no good reviews out.

Does anyone know about this camera or may recommend another one?

I also need a recorder for these cameras.

Thank you

ip is hardwired as well...if you are asking this question you need to do more research. You will be better off with the turret version 2332. Hikvision also has 2mp WD cameras and 4mp WD cameras that have improved night vision over the 3mp...

How do you intend to record the cameras?

Thank you.

I am brand new to the surveillance stuff. I thought to use an independent recorder, but as I wrote I do not now which one.

I am not able to find the turret version 2332 you recommend. Do yo have the mfg and model number by chance?

Thank you.

I am brand new to the surveillance stuff. I thought to use an independent recorder, but as I wrote I do not now which one.

I am not able to find the turret version 2332 you recommend. Do yo have the mfg and model number by chance?

Its made by hikvision...there are 2mp and 4mp version of the turret that are better than the 3mp.

You cannot randomly select an NVR and expect it to work with any camera...match the camera manufacturer to the NVR.

If you should go for IP cameras, go for 2MP -IP Cameras. Not 4MP version, more expensive for nothing. You may be highly likely to get into troubles for spot monitoring of 8 Channels simultaneously.

As another option for Hikvision that you have to choose, you may look into the HD-TVI (analog HD) X 8 Ch X 1080P -system (1 DVR and cameras) for less than U$ 500.

If you should go for IP cameras, go for 2MP -IP Cameras. Not 4MP version, more expensive for nothing. You may be highly likely to get into troubles for spot monitoring of 8 Channels simultaneously.

As another option for Hikvision that you have to choose, you may look into the HD-TVI (analog HD) X 8 Ch X 1080P -system (1 DVR and cameras) for less than U$ 500.

There is no trouble with spot monitoring with 2mp of 4mp. Im convinced that you dont understand what spot monitoring means. TVI is transitional technology and should not be installed in a new installation. Its 2015 not 2005.

There is no trouble with spot monitoring with 2mp of 4mp. Im convinced that you dont understand what spot monitoring means. TVI is transitional technology and should not be installed in a new installation. Its 2015 not 2005.

I do not need to prove anything to a poor peddler of Hikvision 4MP IP Camera.

I do not need to prove anything to a poor peddler of Hikvision 4MP IP Camera.

Way to not answer the question. Oh and by the way, I mentioned BOTH 2mp and 4mp cameras in my post. Stop making up lies about "spot monitoring" when you dont even know what that means. At least in this post you dont promote D1 resolution anymore making false claims that D1 is the same as 1080p. So it looks like you are making progress. Great.

I went through the Hikvision website and I found the turret cameras. These are the round ones, right?

I was not able to find one with 4mp WD.

Could you help me and point some out for me?

Thank you

I went through the Hikvision website and I found the turret cameras. These are the round ones, right?

I was not able to find one with 4mp WD.

Could you help me and point some out for me?

Thank you

Hi can you give more info of your home layout.

Will you need good night time images ... Do you have external lighting

Thank you for stepping in.

My house is a single story ranch style with a few corners. I was thinking of 6-7 cameras.

The back of the house has woods and not lights, so I have to install (LED) flood lights with a motion detector.

Front of the house has light, but not as bright as I wish, so lights and motion detector as well.

Layout.thumb.jpg.81bcb0e40ce1ca1b2d263faeb6a64afc.jpg