marquita188

Distributed Power Supply Box isn't working right.

hi, the box lights all work ok, but the camera are not working right. the cameras power goes in and out, white out, blurry, flickers. i'm using another power source for camera 8, so it works just fine. do i need to buy a new box?, is it the pigtails?, do they have short in them? the fuses? can i get the box fixed? i don't know what i should do. ca you help me? please. thank you.

280926_1.jpg

280926_2.jpg

280926_3.jpg

Are you sure that the problem is the power supply? Give the BNC connectors at each end a bit of a wriggle/jiggle just to make sure they have been done properly.

Are you sure that the problem is the power supply? Give the BNC connectors at each end a bit of a wriggle/jiggle just to make sure they have been done properly.

yeah. i did that aready, sometimes they come back on and other times they don't, but after awhile some would just go out or white out.

280932_1.jpg

i'm not sure but, if you said the power supply really gives you the 12v at each end, i think the problem could be the video connectors, focus on that.

i would check the video cables and connectors at each end (Camera and DVR) and check if the video comes in or out every time you adjust some cable/connector, if so, you'll know what's the problem here.

hope you can fix it !

cheers!

i'm not sure but, if you said the power supply really gives you the 12v at each end, i think the problem could be the video connectors, focus on that.

i would check the video cables and connectors at each end (Camera and DVR) and check if the video comes in or out every time you adjust some cable/connector, if so, you'll know what's the problem here.

hope you can fix it !

cheers!

i used different cables, but the problem still was there.

You can check the voltage at the end of the cable near to the camera so you can see if you are getting the 12V really.

they're all 12v.

Check it with a camera connected, not just by checking the voltage when there is nothing connected.

You can check the voltage at the end of the cable near to the camera so you can see if you are getting the 12V really.

they're all 12v.

Check it with a camera connected, not just by checking the voltage when there is nothing connected.

i did that.

I tried to help you, but i'm not an expert in here, im just another user like you trying to help, i have now a problem with some of my cameras (blue image) on it, and i solved it, just changed the power cable to another position on the power supply, but i never had the problem you have now, so im trying to help you.

Sorry if my answers not was what you are looking for.

I tried to help you, but i'm not an expert in here, im just another user like you trying to help, i have now a problem with some of my cameras (blue image) on it, and i solved it, just changed the power cable to another position on the power supply, but i never had the problem you have now, so im trying to help you.

Sorry if my answers not was what you are looking for.

i didn't mean to upset you, i was just so frustrated with my dvr system. thank you for the help.

I would unhook all the cameras except one. then add them back in one at a time. checking voltage at camera end as you go. If you have a bad camera it can drag down the whole power supply whenver possible use an isolated power supply that is every out put is seperate from the others check out the altronix line. check all your connections both power and video. Is the power supply rated high enough to take the total load you are placing on it?

I would unhook all the cameras except one. then add them back in one at a time. checking voltage at camera end as you go. If you have a bad camera it can drag down the whole power supply whenver possible use an isolated power supply that is every out put is seperate from the others check out the altronix line. check all your connections both power and video. Is the power supply rated high enough to take the total load you are placing on it?

i don't know, i thought it could handle it all. but i'm not quite sure.