Sign in to follow this  
Taterman

Video camera system recomendation needed

Hi. If you want something simple but good I would go for a HD-TVI system

Good picture quality recorded to a hard drive recorder which you just plug into your tv via HDMI

I will pm you a link with good prices

Great! Thank you Tom. Edit: I just checked your link and most of those are out of my price range.

I did find this NVR too (I'd need a purple WD hard drive) but I'm not sure it will work with Hikvision cameras.

http://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-NV1104-1080p-Network-Recorder/dp/B00X4UDCYE/ref=sr_1_27?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1448921912&sr=1-27&keywords=nvr

Hi. If you want something simple but good I would go for a HD-TVI system

Good picture quality recorded to a hard drive recorder which you just plug into your tv via HDMI

I will pm you a link with good prices

Great! Thank you Tom. Edit: I just checked your link and most of those are out of my price range.

I did find this NVR too (I'd need a purple WD hard drive) but I'm not sure it will work with Hikvision cameras.

http://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-NV1104-1080p-Network-Recorder/dp/B00X4UDCYE/ref=sr_1_27?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1448921912&sr=1-27&keywords=nvr

Can I ask how is my link out of your budget ?

Your link also needs a hard drive making it cost more ...... You then need a switch for your cameras then as you seen in link HD-TVI start from $42

But your link for the NVR ....... Some points for you to check ..... Click on suppliers name google it ........ Now look for address on there website ........ There is none .... That's your first alarm bell ..... Am not in US .. But also on there site it gives a UK number ..... I can tell you now that number does not exist ...... Company records also shows it is not based un the USA as they claim its from China

Also read the spec on Amazon ..... LIMITED 3rd party cameras which is not good .

If you have a limited budget then don't waste $79 on that rubbish

I know there is a cheaper dome, but going off this camera link (I prefer a turret) it says I would still need a DVR which was the expensive part I was talking about. Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm still learning about all this.

Thanks for the info about the supplier, I will avoid them.

I know there is a cheaper dome, but going off this camera link (I prefer a turret) it says I would still need a DVR which was the expensive part I was talking about. Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm still learning about all this.

Don't understand why you want to avoid the link

Hikvision system in your budget ???

I don't think you will get much more help if your going to buy none branded over hikvision systems

I don't think you will get much more help if your going to buy none branded over hikvision systems

I wasn't avoiding the link, just trying to understand. How about this camera from your link:

http://www.supercircuits.com/alibi-megapixel-1080p-ir-dome-security-camera-ali-cd1080e

And this DVR:

http://www.supercircuits.com/alibi-4-channel-960h-hd-tvi-hybrid-dvr-ali-hvr3004h

What additional items would I need to set this up?

Would I have to run power to the camera or just the coax? If I have to run power, that would be an issue.

Hi. Yes both those items are good

All you need extra is a power supply and cable

If you call them and give camera distance they will supply the cable

Hi. Yes both those items are good

All you need extra is a power supply and cable

If you call them and give camera distance they will supply the cable

Thanks Tom. Just so I'm clear, a power supply would be needed for each camera?

I'm only starting with one, but even for that one it would be difficult to fish a coax and a power supply cable through the insulated exterior wall.

It's only mentioned in one place, but in the DVR description it says:

"Hybrid+ supports multiple security technologies. Hybrid+ is an advanced hybrid technology for security DVRs that supports analog, HD-TVI and IP cameras (up to the total number allotted for each security technology). Hybrid+ technology gives you the flexibility of using multiple security technologies to meet your specific surveillance application needs."

I guess I'd have to fish a power cord to camera too. I don't like fishing something like a power cable through the wall.

All are electrical is in conduit here, not Romex.

I guess I'd have to fish a power cord to camera too. I don't like fishing something like a power cable through the wall.

Hi shotgun cable .... Has video and power together or use cat5

I vote for cat 5 if it works for whatever you're using. It's the most versatile cabling.

Does not recognize the new cameras

Good morning from Venezuela.

I hope you can help me, I have installed a NVR Hikvision DS-9632NI-ST with IP cameras DS-2cd2032-i are being perfectly, recently acquired more camera supposedly the same model but have a DS-2cd2032F-i variation when make the connection of new cameras to the NVR does not recognize and assign an IP that is out of range, we put the IP in the range of those that are installed and still does not recognize

I hope you can help

Great, thanks. I wasn't sure you could use cat5 with it. On the site, for connector it lists: Connectors 1 HD-TVI BNC

http://www.supercircuits.com/alibi-megapixel-1080p-ir-dome-security-camera-ali-cd1080e

I'm new with these camera systems obviously, but how can you tell from the description and specs in the link that it accepts PoE cat5?

Here's a pic of the back of the camera. Not sure where a cat5 would go:

281832_1.jpg

Great, thanks. I wasn't sure you could use cat5 with it. On the site, for connector it lists: Connectors 1 HD-TVI BNC

I'm new with these camera systems obviously, but how can you tell from the description and specs in the link that it accepts PoE cat5?

Here's a pic of the back of the camera. Not sure where a cat5 would go:

281832_1.jpg

You may be able to use a balun like what is used on analog composite cameras. It's a cheap little adapter that essentially allows the signal to go over one pair in the cat5 cable. In the past I've purchased several thru eBay; they are probably $2 a pair, but whether it'll work with TVI I don't know.

Thanks jrmymllr. I'll look into those and see if it will work but I'll likely have to start over with everything. There's got to be an easier way to get a simple one camera set-up.

Thanks jrmymllr. I'll look into those and see if it will work but I'll likely have to start over with everything. There's got to be an easier way to get a simple one camera set-up.

Hi . It can't be made much easier .... Like I said in another post ... Give them the cable length you need and it turns into plug and play

281897_1.jpg

Hi . It can't be made much easier .... Like I said in another post ... Give them the cable length you need and it turns into plug and play

281897_1.jpg

OK, since those cables are are $27, it looks like it would be cheaper the get the balun they offer for $10. I'm unclear on the length of the cord for the power supply they list as an option and couldn't find any sold individually on the website so I guess I'll just call them and ask. I have no idea how I'd make these cables look decent though coming out of the wall.

There's got to be an easier way to get a simple one camera set-up.

Without reading how you got to the point of not using an IP camera, my answer is: use an IP camera with PoE. But that's just my opinion. IP cameras are so much more versatile.

There's got to be an easier way to get a simple one camera set-up.

Without reading how you got to the point of not using an IP camera, my answer is: use an IP camera with PoE. But that's just my opinion. IP cameras are so much more versatile.

Budget -- not wanting to use a PC --- option to watch on tv

So 2mp tvi is the best option ... Camera and recorder in budget and also cheaper to expand

Hi Tom,

I just now realized what you meant by "avoiding the link". In my post quoted above, I was referring to a link to an item that I found on my own that was from a non-reputable dealer, not your link. Sorry for the confusion.