Villanova

Anyone Know A Good Live Remote Viewing PC Based DVR?

I have had several breakins at my construction yard. I am looking for the best live remote viewing PC based DVR card and program. Something that also has auto dial. Can anyone help?

Just a note that the "auto-dial" functionality can be added to any dvr with an alarm output. Consider "separating out" that functionality and choose the DVR based on other "most desireable" features (I think you'll find out that this approach greatly expands your choices).

Hell you can have an auto dialer hooked up to any kind of alarm trigger from a smoke detector to motion sensor even water temp if you want a controlled environment. If you want good live viewing you need a T1 at least. You can get desent viewing with a good proprietary compression and not to many high res cams. You can always get more connections though. How many cameras you looking to do?

where are u located? couple of things.....

- make some of the camera's highly visable......hide the others to catch them. junk yard/construction thieves will avoid obvious and still make the attempt to steal.

- hide the video storage hard drive, via 15ft. USB cable, wall or desk drawer. Perps like to take the "box" so you can't get them.

- improve your lighting in step with installing camera's.

- make sure you have a decent/large APC/UPS, min 1000kva

- several ways to connect "alarms", but, in the end you'll need the video protected/hid. autodialers work, teleswitches work, emails are a waste of time since they can be slow and you don't monitor 24/7.

- motion dection lighting

- consider a professional as it will save you time and effort.

- I am a Video Insight installer and have had alost a perfect "record" with the product. Very stable and very little problems to overcome.

lots more to consider. if you need advice just PM me. I enjoy catching the little creeps.