Sign in to follow this  
smarty

Remote Desktop - Green Video on Control Area of Each Window

I am using a Nvidea GeFX5500 256 mb PCI video card under Windows XP Pro (with all updates) in my Geo DVR. The Nvidea video diver is fully up to date. Everything appears to work and display OK.

However, when I take remote control of this desktop (which looks OK on the remote computer) and then release control, the video on the box containing the Nvidea card become a little messed up.

You can still see all the diffrent windows that might be open, but each window control area (upper right corner) is shown in inverse green. The Nvidea FAQ's where of no help. Any ideas?

For what its worth, I had this same issues with Geo 7.04 and now Geo 8.0. I don't think this is related to Geo sofware, but rather a XP or Nvidea issue.

Help!!!

Do you have Nview enabled? If so I would watch how it's configured and definately turn off the multiple desktops option. I would also turn off the toolbar that goes up in that general area too.

check/adjust your ardware acceleration settings under desktop properties, settings, advanced. seen this in some video graphic problems. lower one click at a time to see if it helps

I have narrowed it down to the "DSP Overlay" check box within GeoVision configuration.

If I leave this configuration unchecked, I can take remote control of the Geo box, the release control and the Geo box continues to have "good" video display.

If I do the same thing with DSP Overlay enabled, when I release remote contol, the video of the Geo box gets buggered up.

Anyone else seen this? Any workaround? The DSP Overlay makes the video look so much nicer.