Sign in to follow this  
Notchman93

Which System To Get?

Hello all im a new member here, enjoy looking at the great pictures here. Im looking for a 1080p HD IP NVR system im guessing thats whats good these days from looking around. I was going to get lorex but they had me waiting for a hour and never returned my call. Which system would be the best quality? This will be for home use Need Atleast 6-8 Cameras Outside. Just looking for a great picture with no blur to see in daytime and night time. like to hear from you guys thanks so much!

Nowdays most of IP cameras are using the two kinds of chipsets. To be specific, chipset from TI (USA) or HiSilicon(China). The video quality is determined by their SDKs. The quality parameters are finely tuned and stable. Therefore, we can say the video quality are on the same level, not much differentiable.

IP Cameras from HikVision or Dahua are good and recommended a lot in this forum. But if you do not receive any Tech supports from them, why pay more??? There are many kinds counterfeits at much lower price. Some counterfeit makers are supplying their cameras to HikVision or Dahua. There are many other small suppliers, as well, who are confident to compete with a lot better Tech Supports. Any one recommended from your Local CCTV installers could be OK as long as you can get Tech Support when needed.

Hello all im a new member here, enjoy looking at the great pictures here. Im looking for a 1080p HD IP NVR system im guessing thats whats good these days from looking around. I was going to get lorex but they had me waiting for a hour and never returned my call. Which system would be the best quality? This will be for home use Need Atleast 6-8 Cameras Outside. Just looking for a great picture with no blur to see in daytime and night time. like to hear from you guys thanks so much!

If you need tech support and want a lifetime return policy, the lorex kits at costco are dahua..most of the swann kits are hikvision. The trick to nightime video is providing enough ambient light or go to much more expensive cameras...

This kit is on sale for 1299. Its rebranded dahua.

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-16-Channel-HD-IP-NVR-with-3TB-HDD%2c-8-4MP-Cameras-with-100'-Night-Vision.product.100213199.html

If you want to start with six cameras look at this kit, its rebranded hikvision..449 But you need to add your own hard drive (look at wd purple)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16881183053&cm_re=laview_1080p-_-81-183-053-_-Product

Some counterfeit makers are supplying their cameras to HikVision or Dahua.

SunnyKim, I don't understand this statement. These two companies are buying counterfeits of their own cameras?

Thanks for the quick response I'm going to call hikvision and see if there sales can help me pick out the right system for my needs. Once again thanks let cha know what they recommend.

Some counterfeit makers are supplying their cameras to HikVision or Dahua.

SunnyKim, I don't understand this statement. These two companies are buying counterfeits of their own cameras?

These two have become already big. They do designs (research & developements) with several design houses, out side. They own legally their designs, but no longer carrying assembly line for most models so that they can get more profits. Local manufactures are running assembly line and supplying to them under OEM/ODM, leaking the copies to gray market.