Sign in to follow this  
BensonD

PTZ camera powered by Cat5

Hi guys, I need some help. I have this camera is a 7"ptz camera, DV12V, 4A, it is connect to a DVR system with one other ptz camera and two more stationary cameras.

After using the big 7" camera for a month or two, it suddenly stopped moving. and i seem never worked at night. The other problem of this one is that there are 2 places in its rotation where the picture disapperas completely.

Can any one help me to diaganose what is wrong with it? I was told that I shouldn't be using Cat5 cable, instead, the video cable, power cable and 485 control cable should all run sperately? is this right? Why it worked ok at the start?

Cheers!

Hi

Yes you should use separate cables for install 1 for power 1 for video 1 for rs485 as all in 1 cable will only cause interference.

Well the image dropping at night can be that the Power supply is not strong enough if the IR comes on at night the Cam draws more power!! That's if it is a IR PTZ

Is it only 12 V or does the PTZ support 24 V aswell ?

If it supports 24V try a 24V power supply should sort out some of the issues

Hi

Yes you should use separate cables for install 1 for power 1 for video 1 for rs485 as all in 1 cable will only cause interference.

Well the image dropping at night can be that the Power supply is not strong enough if the IR comes on at night the Cam draws more power!! That's if it is a IR PTZ

Is it only 12 V or does the PTZ support 24 V aswell ?

If it supports 24V try a 24V power supply should sort out some of the issues

Thanks a lot for your advise. Do you have any idea why is it there is a loss of picture in two spot during roation?

Hi. There is nothing wrong in using cat5 for a PTZ ... Depends on distance if another power cable is needed to be run .

As far as missing images while moving your PTZ ... This sounds like you have privacy zones set

Hi guys

A few month ago I had to solve some problem because I have 7inch PTZ and it is far away from supply source about 80m.I had to use 48V/1.5A power supply at the beginning and next to the PTZ cam I used dc-dc stepdown convertor which I adjusted to 24V.Till now everything works fine including at night.I have bought stepdown convertor on ebay and it costs abou 9$

Ludvik