smudge

help with 1st home cctv system

hello,

i started out looking on e-bay for a cctv system,after i had my car hit,i found one and had it at £149,99,but changed my mind with it being wired, then i bumped into ptz cameras and thought id look for a good one, i started to get confused with the info of what i needed, so thats why ive joined your foram for advice, im not looking to spend ££££ but ive made a few point of what i think i might need

1)DvR/Network recorder ?

2)8-channel

3)Ptz outdoor cameras

4)1tb hard drive

5)960h

6)wireless(must)

7)720/1080 Tvl ?

controller

can anyone pls help me out, i would probley use e-bay to buy the system

hello,

i started out looking on e-bay for a cctv system,after i had my car hit,i found one and had it at £149,99,but changed my mind with it being wired, then i bumped into ptz cameras and thought id look for a good one, i started to get confused with the info of what i needed, so thats why ive joined your foram for advice, im not looking to spend ££££ but ive made a few point of what i think i might need

1)DvR/Network recorder ?

2)8-channel

3)Ptz outdoor cameras

4)1tb hard drive

5)960h

6)wireless(must)

7)720/1080 Tvl ?

controller

can anyone pls help me out, i would probley use e-bay to buy the system

Its 2015..do NOT buy a 960h system. At the minimum it should be 720p (which is double 960h) or 1080p....start doing more research...forget about wireless...if you buy crap before knowing what you are looking at your will be sorely disappointed...

Nothing is ever truly wireless unless it runs on a battery. Wireless is also quite notorious for causing issues with reliable recordings because there are far too many things that can potentially interfere with it.

If 960H is specified, that means we are talking about analog cameras, which are cheap and rugged. You can have 4ch analog systems with DVR+HDD included for around U$200, if you search around the internet.

The notation 720/1080TVL could be wrong. TVL does not mean the number of vertical lines (Height) of a image. The 720P(720HX1280W) and 1080P(1080HX1920W) are all HD sized video.

There are HD-Analog system, e.g. HD-TVI, or HD-CVI, or HD-AHD. These 4 Ch systems are available for less U$300, including HDD/DVR.

If you can afford more, you can go for 1080P IP Camera and NVR system.

Actually ,keep in mind ,wireless cameras also need power to work .In addition ,In CCTV cameras, resolution is measured in TV Lines (TVL). A higher number of TVL means that a camera will be able to render images with more detail. However, TVL is not the sole factor that determines the quality of the final output.The parameters of TVL including 700TVL ,900TVL ,1000TVL 1200TVL etc.

ok after a few youtube vids ive found a floureon nvr at £45 on e-bay, then ill pick the cameras to suit as for the specs i dont think i can post a link to the item but i can copy paste the info of the unit,can anyone run thu them and give me any advice if its any good,

8CH H.264 1080P Network HDMI P2P CCTV Onvif NVR DVR Recorder Security System

Description:

- Professional 8CH H.264 1080P DVR, Backup Via USB. Remotely activate and View Via the Internet from anywhere and anytime.

- Support P2P technology, the DVR can be linked through the internet without any complicated port mapping.

- Support 4 channel simultaneous live viewing via your smart phone.

- Support Capture , Record and Remote Video Playback in your smart phone.

- Support Cloud System For Remote Access/Support HDMI Output

- Support 8 Channel Simultaneous Playback.

Features:

1. Adopts the standard Main profile H.264 compression technology,supports 8ch recording, Network transmissionand playback simultaneously

2. Support dual-stream transmission for all channels

3. Support Multiplex operation: live, record, playback, backup, network transmission, mobile phone surveillance

4. Support backup with USB Flash Disk, Movable hard disk writer, Network

5. Support motion detection, send alarm information by email

6.Support Zoom in/out image by scrolling mouse

7.Support Protocol Onvif 2.1(1.02 backward compatible) version

8. Support mobile phone surveillance (Phone/Android)

9. Support PTZ preset and Cruise Control

10.Central management software and Networked system management

Product Description 8CH 1080P HDMI Onvif DVR NVR

Operation System Embedded Linux

Video Compression H.264

Video Video System PAL/NTSC Switch Selectable

Video Input 8CH BNC Interface

Video Output 1CH BNC Interface

HD Output HDMI (1920*1081)

VGA Output VGA*1(1920*1080,1440*900,1280*1024,1280*720,1024*768 Selectable)

Audio Input 4* RCA Interface

Output 1* RCA Interface

Remote Access Cloud System For Remote Access, NO Port Mapping

Recording Mode Schedule, Manual, Motion Detection Alarm

Backup Flash Drive / USB HDD / Network

Hard Drive Interface 3.5 inch SATA II Interface (Up to 2T Hard Disk)

Frame Rate Main Stream:1~25 FPS

Muliti Channel Playback 8 Channel Simultaneous Playback

Mulitiplex Operation Live Display/Record/Playback/Backup/Network Transmit

Ethernet Interface 1*RJ-45 10M/100M

USB Interface 3*USB Interface

Web Browser Supports IE/Firefox/Chrome Browser/CMS Remote Monitoring

Network Service TCP / IP, UDP, HTTP, DDNS, SMTP, LAN, DHCP, PPPoE

Support Mobile IPhone, Android, IPad

Power Supply 100V~240V 47Hz~63Hz

Working Temperature -10°C—55°C

Working Humidity 10%--90%

Unit Dimensions 420*255*50mm

Accessories Included User Manual/ CD Disk/ Mouse / Power Supply / Remote Control

hi, well the 1st system i was going to get was £145 off e-bay (dvr+4 cameras) that is currently sitting next to me ready to be sent back, i will copy paste the spec below, when i seen the system i did no reserch i just thought it was one of the better ones, it was just the nvr @ £45 and find the cameras to suit, im not looking to secure david beckhams house, i was looking for a low/mid range cctv system, then like i said i came accross the pvt cameras, i suppose my budgets for the nvr will be around £100 mark give or take,and the cameras i dont really know as im not sure if the one i see will be any good,instead of buying the whole package i thought id split them up and buy them sepratly and try get a little better system, so i started off with the main unit a nvr, over a dvr

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141688798841?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT (the one i currently have)

spotted a ip cam ??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-3-Megapixel-HD-PTZ-3xZoom-720P-IR-Cut-Wireless-WiFi-Outdoor-Security-IP-Camera-/321591062809?hash=item4ae0523119:g:FI4AAOSwkNZUbFye

ok after a few youtube vids ive found a floureon nvr at £45 on e-bay, then ill pick the cameras to suit as for the specs i dont think i can post a link to the item but i can copy paste the info of the unit,can anyone run thu them and give me any advice if its any good,

8CH H.264 1080P Network HDMI P2P CCTV Onvif NVR DVR Recorder Security System

Description:

- Professional 8CH H.264 1080P DVR, Backup Via USB. Remotely activate and View Via the Internet from anywhere and anytime.

- Support P2P technology, the DVR can be linked through the internet without any complicated port mapping.

- Support 4 channel simultaneous live viewing via your smart phone.

- Support Capture , Record and Remote Video Playback in your smart phone.

- Support Cloud System For Remote Access/Support HDMI Output

- Support 8 Channel Simultaneous Playback.

Features:

1. Adopts the standard Main profile H.264 compression technology,supports 8ch recording, Network transmissionand playback simultaneously

2. Support dual-stream transmission for all channels

3. Support Multiplex operation: live, record, playback, backup, network transmission, mobile phone surveillance

4. Support backup with USB Flash Disk, Movable hard disk writer, Network

5. Support motion detection, send alarm information by email

6.Support Zoom in/out image by scrolling mouse

7.Support Protocol Onvif 2.1(1.02 backward compatible) version

8. Support mobile phone surveillance (Phone/Android)

9. Support PTZ preset and Cruise Control

10.Central management software and Networked system management

Product Description 8CH 1080P HDMI Onvif DVR NVR

Operation System Embedded Linux

Video Compression H.264

Video Video System PAL/NTSC Switch Selectable

Video Input 8CH BNC Interface

Video Output 1CH BNC Interface

HD Output HDMI (1920*1081)

VGA Output VGA*1(1920*1080,1440*900,1280*1024,1280*720,1024*768 Selectable)

Audio Input 4* RCA Interface

Output 1* RCA Interface

Remote Access Cloud System For Remote Access, NO Port Mapping

Recording Mode Schedule, Manual, Motion Detection Alarm

Backup Flash Drive / USB HDD / Network

Hard Drive Interface 3.5 inch SATA II Interface (Up to 2T Hard Disk)

Frame Rate Main Stream:1~25 FPS

Muliti Channel Playback 8 Channel Simultaneous Playback

Mulitiplex Operation Live Display/Record/Playback/Backup/Network Transmit

Ethernet Interface 1*RJ-45 10M/100M

USB Interface 3*USB Interface

Web Browser Supports IE/Firefox/Chrome Browser/CMS Remote Monitoring

Network Service TCP / IP, UDP, HTTP, DDNS, SMTP, LAN, DHCP, PPPoE

Support Mobile IPhone, Android, IPad

Power Supply 100V~240V 47Hz~63Hz

Working Temperature -10°C—55°C

Working Humidity 10%--90%

Unit Dimensions 420*255*50mm

Accessories Included User Manual/ CD Disk/ Mouse / Power Supply / Remote Control

Is this link? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8CH-H-264-1080P-Network-HDMI-P2P-PTZ-CCTV-Onvif-NVR-DVR-Recorder-Security-System-/151839967346

thks for all your replys, but im going to go with a random system and cameras,i think im looking into this a little to much and it seems im wasteing time, ill go with the one i posted, as i allready have it, thks all

thks for all your replys, but im going to go with a random system and cameras,i think im looking into this a little to much and it seems im wasteing time, ill go with the one i posted, as i allready have it, thks all

You will need a hard drive with your first option

Then the rest of your links ..... None match, 3 different formats different systems...... Will not connect to your first

Learning about your options so you dont buy crap is a waste of time..that's a new one...

A waste of time is buying junk that will not help you achieve your goal.

Good luck. No prior research will result in a 90% chance of disappointment later.