Hi Guys,

I'm very new to CCTV and this website so please bear with me! But I need some help.

Basically I need an indoor camera which can see outdoors with night vision with a good picture, I basivally need the camera to watch my drive at night as my car as already been hit once at night with my car parked on my drive. Due to many reasons an Outdoor camera is out of the question. I'm also an IT expert so fire any tech questions to me if you think it will help me find a solution. The camera itself can be connected via ethernet or over wireless if required.

I've already brought a CCTV camera from eBay but the night vision was terrible and you couldnt see anything at night.

I'm also from the UK.

When you use a camera with IR light (which gives it night vision) inside of a window, the ir light will reflect back off the glass and blind the camera. The solution is to turn off the camera IR light and put up a separate IR light outside or in a different window.

There are cameras that can see well at night without using IR light, but expect to spend a lot more money.

Hi Guys,

I'm very new to CCTV and this website so please bear with me! But I need some help.

Basically I need an indoor camera which can see outdoors with night vision with a good picture, I basivally need the camera to watch my drive at night as my car as already been hit once at night with my car parked on my drive. Due to many reasons an Outdoor camera is out of the question. I'm also an IT expert so fire any tech questions to me if you think it will help me find a solution. The camera itself can be connected via ethernet or over wireless if required.

I've already brought a CCTV camera from eBay but the night vision was terrible and you couldnt see anything at night.

I'm also from the UK.

I have my cameras mounted to the outside of the windows on pieces of wood I made rather than installing them on the out side of the house. Some hook to the top of the glass while others hook to the bottom of the window frame and are removable. I originally planed on making them permanently mounted under the over hang but ended leaving them where they are for several years. It's very easy to adjust them and clean the lenses as sometimes spiders make their webs on the glass. I've never had any problems and it's much easier than getting on a ladder cutting the install time of 8 cameras substantially. I picked up some pre-cut blocks about 3x4 x 3.4 thick and screwed hooks on the top which worked out nicely. I've never had any luck with cameras viewing through glass without reflections from changing light during the day.