assvirus

Your expertise appreciated

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of putting together a very small (one camera) IP-based system. I'm looking at a NVR (Model # DS-7104NI) from Hikvision (http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Products_accessries_433_i5423.html). This is a wireless NVR that works with wireless cameras. However, I would like to hardwire via the ethernet port. My question is, would I be able to connect the system to my network via the NVR's wireless capabilities? Or is the wireless feature only for use with wireless cameras? If not, are there NVRs out there with this capability (record via ethernet cable; connect wirelessly to a network)

Also, unrelated to the above question, has anyone every changed a camera's housing color? I was gonna get a Hikvision camera as well but was hoping to change the color with a high-quality can of spray paint. (Electronic hardware removed of course)

I would love to ask you guys about general fishing for cables through walls, but this may not be the best form for that.

Thanks!

There is no problems associated with spray painting a camera as long as you take sensible precautions with protecting the lens from overspray. The warranty will be void.

Maybe it wont be black OR maybe it will be mounted in the shade OR maybe it will have an internal fan.

It was a general broad spectrum question to which a general broad spectrum answer was given

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of putting together a very small (one camera) IP-based system. I'm looking at a NVR (Model # DS-7104NI) from Hikvision (http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Products_accessries_433_i5423.html). This is a wireless NVR that works with wireless cameras. However, I would like to hardwire via the ethernet port. My question is, would I be able to connect the system to my network via the NVR's wireless capabilities? Or is the wireless feature only for use with wireless cameras? If not, are there NVRs out there with this capability (record via ethernet cable; connect wirelessly to a network)

Also, unrelated to the above question, has anyone every changed a camera's housing color? I was gonna get a Hikvision camera as well but was hoping to change the color with a high-quality can of spray paint. (Electronic hardware removed of course)

I would love to ask you guys about general fishing for cables through walls, but this may not be the best form for that.

Thanks!

Get the Dahua version at a better price and more efficient. NVR4104-W. PM me for details.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Get the Dahua version at a better price and more efficient. NVR4104-W. PM me for details.

How is it more efficient? What makes you say the dahua is cheaper...its all about where you buy from. Seems like you have an ulterior motive. "pm for details"

You're right on this or that is cheaper. I've been in this business a long time (right at 40 years) and just shutdown when I hear that. I purchase and market what works. And in many cases, it's not the "big names, largely promoted" that I use. I have been burnt many times with the big names. Electronics is electronics and I don't care about a "name", just a great relationship with my clients. One thing that I won't do is recommend one product over another. There are some formats that I will recommend not to use, unless you want to become a common friend with your "CCTV Expert" on your speed dial. OK, I'm done!