woolz

installing dome on sofit tips please

Hi all, my first post: great site , I have been reading various posts and got some tips for my cctv but need some help with this one please .

I'm installing a dome ip camera to sofit above front door but I'm not sure how to fit it. I dont really want to take down the sofit for the installation if possible.

Whats best way to secure it to the sofit and also is it possible to run the poe cable along the sofit on the outside as again I don't want to remove the sofit to run the cables inside.

Included a couple of pics of sofit and where dome will be. Thanks .

Thanks.Andrew

IMAG3206_1.thumb.jpg.78ce4b71d141e1154699a9b14901ac28.jpg

IMAG3206_1_1.thumb.jpg.ed8e73e0d44db5ccbaca6837bdbd3d23.jpg

Hi is that a down light in your soffit ?

If so you are best removing it and place your camera there as the light will not be good for your camera

You could also use the power cable of the light to help you feed your cat5

Attach two lengths of string to your down light power cable ..... Go into your loft and pull the power cable till you have both stings from outdoors.

Cut one string off the power cable and attach your cat5 .. Then go back outside and pull both strings back out of your soffit..... That is your best way without removing your soffit board

Great idea. He should still mount the camera on the near side (in the picture) of the light to get away from the issue with it. Or, maybe put a "diffuser" on the camera side.

hi thanks for the replies: just to mention the picture is of my porch and not the roof so i cant get in the loft.

the spotlights are only on a few hours in the eve so position of the spot near the camera is not really affected for 90% of the day. i may look at a deflector i will think about that one thanks.

whats best and strongest fittings to be used on securing the camera to the sofit? any suggestions? thanks