Bean

off site video recording

What are some solutions for off site recording of video? Customer asked about sending recordings off site in case DVR unit was stolen from remote location. Maybe like motion detection triggered.

Thanks. Been using low end so long forgot about the email notification. Is that the Geovision or another brand you are referring to?

Most of the popular PC based DVR systems can utilize some sort of Email Notification. Another option is a scheduled FTP dump, I am pretty sure the GEO and Avermedia DVR's can do this.

thanks guys, I will look into those. If anyone can think of any other not too expensive units please feel free to join in.

have you considered USB or network storage? this ends up being another cable within many and IF anybody steals the DVR the "pert" will cut the wires and run....leaving the video behind. you won't have to use "off-site" bandwidth, ect. USB....just get a 15ft. cable and hide it in the desk, wall, ect. NETWORK....fairly simple.ton

I ended up with a Nubix 4lt. does email, and ftp, and network back up. The price was excellent, I think. Thanks for the help.