olsenblane

Cameras with Audio Microphone?

I have a LaView LV-KN988P84A4 that I just purchased, and I am trying to find if there are any cameras with built-in microphones, or if there is another way to get audio? I've seen some microphone cables on Amazon, but on the back of my NVR, I have one Audio In and one Audio Out.

How would I Mic up all 8 cameras to this NVR?

1.JPG.084d062b3434a25e88c8e29a1a92c336.JPG

So with 8 cameras, is there a 8 port audio jack hub of some device that captures the audio and sends it to NVR? If I put an external mic on all of them and ran them to the NVR (which only has 1x Audio-In and 1xAudio Out), how do I get each to record on their own channel?

I am doing some research, but everything I find is old BNC camera setups with DVRs that are way different than mine.

Since your DVR can only handle audio 1 input you need audio mixer made by Louroe.( Louroe Model #MLA-8)

You can then bind/pair the audio to any channel you want, maybe all depend on your DVR make.

Good Luck!

Phil

Thank you. I will look into the Louroe Mixer!

That WON'T work. The encoding is done on the camera's end, it is the camera who encodes the stream. So if you want 8ch audio, you need 8 cameras with integrated mic, or with audio input.

The microphones have to be connected to the cameras, not to the NVR.

Gotch. So this probably wont work at all then. POE port and another power connector are the only connections on the camera.

Any suggestions for integrated audio cams on the cheap?

From the other thread you opened, your cameras do not have audio at all and no audio input, so it won't work with them.

And "on the cheap" won't cut it. You have a LaView NVR, so you need LaView cameras if you want them to work easily with your unit. You could try to change the firmware on the NVR and cameras to Hikvision firmware, and then use Hikvision cameras. But I have no idea on how you can do that. You can also see what cameras LaView has with mic (Hikvision has many, but I do not know what models LaViews OEMs). According to their web site, the only cameras they have with audio are the indoor models (cube).

http://www.laviewusa.com/product-14/camera/ip-camera.html

My first suggestion refers to olsenblane idea to install external microphone to each camera. My suggestion of using Louroe MLA-8 audio mixer will solve his problems by combining all 8 microphones into one output.

Phil

My first suggestion refers to olsenblane idea to install external microphone to each camera. My suggestion of using Louroe MLA-8 audio mixer will solve his problems by combining all 8 microphones into one output.

That will NOT work.

Please explain why it will not work. All the microphones are stand alone and has nothing to do with the cameras. The audio input of the DVR is RCA analog and no encoding is involve unlike IP cameras.

Please explain why it will not work. All the microphones are stand alone and has nothing to do with the cameras. The audio input of the DVR is RCA analog and no encoding is involve unlike IP cameras.

That is NOT a DVR, it is a NVR.

The audio input on the NVR is for bi-directional audio. You could put a mic there, have cameras with audio output/speakers, and be heard on the cameras. The audio input on the NVR is NOT for audio recording with the cameras.

The encoding is done on each camera. If he wants 8 audio channels, he needs 8 cameras with mic or audio input.

geovision can handle audio for every camera channel you can only listen live to one at a time but you can record the other channels. I know that this is a bit off topic but that could be a solution if you really need audio recording on multiple channels as posted before sometimes the best audio feed does not match exactly with the camera location.

inbuilt audio can be transfered through Network itself, Cameras with audio support already available.

HIKVISION DS-2CD3132F-IWS 3MP HD POE