sick of my neighbor

Now I'm ready to pick my DVR for 2-4 cameras

I've resigned myself to getting the Mace CAM68IR after some great suggestions from other Posters.

Now I need a DVR. I want to be able to hook up to every TV in my house (six hookups). Do I need a monitor at all? I work on a Mac, but do have a PC, which is stuck away in a drawer. Maybe I could dig it out if that would help.

Can I hook into my cable? My phone line, DSL? Can't I just use my TV's as my monitor?

OK...now for the budget. Can I spend between $300-500 on a DVR?

For the kind of funds you have, you may as well go for a stand alone dvr and use a powered video splitter to hook up to your TV sets. Your old pc, depending on its age and chipset, may not be compatible with any of the better cards which will cost you as much as a 4 channel stand alone anyway. PM Rory or SecurityMonster - they both have nice stuff....

Good suggestion. I spoke with the people at Mace and they suggested that I buy 'channels plus'? They said ADI had it. Can't find either on Google.

I intend on buying a stand alone as your suggested and hope to find a good alternative to the CAM68IR, since I heard that they should not be installed on the side of a house because of weather.

No Prob .. good luck ... now it gets fun

also .. let us know how it comes out ..

I have not used the Mace version, but I have used a "sister" camera with the same specs. I super Highly recommend this camera! It works great!