freightrain

License Plate at Night

Hello All, I've struggle with my quest to get a system that is capable of reading a license plate at night with a distance from license plate to camera of about 25 ft. I've bought many systems, Lorex IP 1080p systems, DVR/NVR systems with HD cameras as well as specialized cameras designed to read license plate at night (LPR cameras). The problem I'm having is that it's either too blurry to read (even in day time) or the license plate is just one big rectangular glow, even after adjusting various BLC/HLC settings. I've mounted the cameras about 9 ft high pointing to the street at about 30 degree angle. Does anyone have a good setup that they can share. Please be specific as to what brand of nvr / cameras you have and the adjusted settings to compensate for distance and lighting. Thank you very much.

Hello All, I've struggle with my quest to get a system that is capable of reading a license plate at night with a distance from license plate to camera of about 25 ft. I've bought many systems, Lorex IP 1080p systems, DVR/NVR systems with HD cameras as well as specialized cameras designed to read license plate at night (LPR cameras). The problem I'm having is that it's either too blurry to read (even in day time) or the license plate is just one big rectangular glow, even after adjusting various BLC/HLC settings. I've mounted the cameras about 9 ft high pointing to the street at about 30 degree angle. Does anyone have a good setup that they can share. Please be specific as to what brand of nvr / cameras you have and the adjusted settings to compensate for distance and lighting. Thank you very much.

Avigilon soft with Avigilon camera

180 feet with IR

1867595130_Nozoom180feetwithIR.jpg.d198b57d2a0ca70336c0ad09e2e842ba.jpg

1239424369_DigitalZoom180feetwithIR.jpg.3054e58552063c290d0f80448b250897.jpg

Hi

we have tested many cameras for LPR application and it all comes down to your exposure settings and IR at night, most cameras have exposure settings in them just play around with that and you will see the difference

Regards