garzajd3

Looking for Pan/Tilt base that is network controllable

Just wondering if anyone out there knows of a pan/tilt base that I can mount a camera to - that is able to be controlled via something like a web browser. I'm trying to put something outdoors and for this application I will be running a camera through a 'video server' to convert it to network so I can wirelessly record. I havent been able to find any pan/tilt bases that are controlled by anything other then a joystick type device..

Any suggestions?

Most of the video server have a RS232/485 & also support for PTZ protocols. Therefore all you need is a decoder board to PTZ.

Well I'm not sure why those items have escaped me in the past. I've actually looked at the Pelco Net device for utilizing there PTZ cameras without there desktop type controllers. Was unaware that it would control there Pan/Tilt bases. Will re-visit that ideal.

As for software being able to control the rs devices, I am aware of that already. And I do know there are devices that are basically a network-serial port conversion, however the ones I have used in the past are not very easy to configure and setup. Basically I'm using Luxriot's software and woudl very much like to pair up a Bosch camera with IR lighting on a Pan/Tilt base. It would just be awesome if I could find a base that would allow me to do presets and tours also.

I currently am thinking about running the Bosch camera through an Axis 241Q video server which also supports some Pan/Tilt devices. If anyone has ever done this I would like to get some feedback on this.

Main reason I'm doing this through a network device is because it is a remote area and will be joined through a wireless bridge.