gokey

A couple of newbie questions - I SEARCHED BEFORE POSTING!!!

Hi

i own a small family newsagent - i have five cctv cameras set up around the shop all of which are wireless. They each have thier own Wireless AV reciever each of which plug into a single device which combines all the signals into a five-way-splitscreen image (for viewing on TVs etc).

Is it possible to connect the standard A/V output the image splitter provides to a PC for DVR recording WITHOUT purchasing any new equipment (A/V to USB devices etc).

I was just wondering before i buy one.

thnx

Josh

What is the device you have them pluged into? Make and Model? I am pretty sure it can be done if you have the right video card in the PC but you still might have to buy software or maybe even a converter depending on what they are plugged into.

Unless you have a video editing card and the correct software, you are going to need to buy at least a USB plug for the computer and the software to view/record the images. Also, any computer that is used as a dvr should be dedicated for use as a dvr. Your best bet is a stand alone dvr or a time lapse recorder. You can get a single channel stand alone to put your multiplexor into but you cannot separate the images after they are recorded since they come in as a single signal. You can view different cameras by changing the setting on the multiplexor. Time lapse recorders - these are getting pretty cheap now since most professionals are getting away from them.