aarons

Infrared Stuff

Hi Guys,

Hopefully you can help me.

I have a few IR Cams in my warehouse and I am getting a white snowy interference during the night which triggers the recording on the Geo machine.

This has always been their howeververy faint. It seems to have become worse since I installed Ver 8.0

Any ideas!! Please help>>

Thanks

What sensitivity level are you using? I dropped mine to 7 from a default of 9 and it helped a lot. Something as small as a squirrel running across my front lawn will still trigger a recording.

If you look at"scene change" I think it is in version 8 then it has alow light setting that is supposed to stop this.

We haven't tried it yet as we have been to busy away from base.

what kind of camera are you using? It is a digital day/night camera not a true day/night camera, that is most likely your problem as it is "filtering" the color out of the picture leaving you with a grainy look. Those little grains will trick the software into thinking there is movement as the software recognizes a change in a pixel and not actual movement as I'm sure your aware. This is a common problem with budget cameras.........there could be a few other things but let us know what camera your using so we can rule this one out.

As far as Geovision settings, I don't use geovision and can't comment, I know you should get a flood of answers from other folks on here.

Securitymonster is right on the money. If you don't have a camera that will switch to black and white for the night mode, the color filter will cause problems with the pixilization and the false motion detection. You need to increase your light source or go to a b/w or true day night camera to fix this.

Hi Guys

Thanks for your replies.

This is the camera that we are using

CCD TYPE 1/3" SONY COLOR EXview HAD CCD

PIXELS 410K

SCANNING 2:1 Interlace

SYNC.TYPE Internal

RESOLUTION COLOR: 480TV-LINE, B/W: 520TV-LINE

VIDEO OUTPUT 1.0Vp-p (Sync.Negative) Termination 75Ω

S/N RATIO 45dB or More (AGC OFF)

MIN.ILLUMINATION 0 Lux (30M RANGE) LED ON

Lens Mount Board Lens

r (Gamma) r=0.45 typ.

SHUTTER SPEED 1/60(1/50)~1/100,000sec

It is relatively cheap, compared to others however they do perform in other situations quite well. We are the distributor here is Oz and we sell them for about AU$230 ex

If we add and IR illuminator would this help the night visibilty

thanks again for your help

aarons

Extra IR will definately help, though not sure what you are looking at there to see what you need. Can you post a daytime image? Also, the results of additional IR will differ Depending on the cameras sensetivity to IR Spectrum Levels, but it will help either way. I would not suggest 940nm though as I doubt this camera will pick it up, plus 940nm cuts down on the amount of IR put out on the area. i would recommend at the least 830nm or even higher. Lets see a Day time image to get an idea of what you are trying to cover.

Thanks

Rory