Sign in to follow this  
bigMark

what cam to stream and save to pc?

Hi

This is my first time venturing the world of security cams and i have found some of the tech stuff a bit daunting. So a cry for HELP! please.

What I am monitoring: A small indoor reception area about 15ft x 8ft

Why monitor: I want to record front desk activities in both audio and video for training and security, it is important that i see the customers face (their reaction to how staff deal with situation).

My question: I need a single cam that can record audio and colour video and send this to my pc so i can save it. The PC concerned is local to the cam and also networked to secure wifi.

This dosent seem to difficult a job but I can make out if any of the cams I have looked at thus far can stream a file to my pc that i can then save.

One other question: in the above situation do i need to get permission from the customer to record there image or is a warning sign sufficient. Is there a web site that out lines an ethical code of practice here?

Thanks so much in advance

Big Mark

you need to check your state's laws as they may have differing requirements. In our state video can be recorded in a public area but if audio is recorded a notice has to be posted. If you are going to record audio the microphone may need to be in a different location than the camera.