spotmom

Upgrading to 4k NVR?

My current NVR can barely handle the 8 cams on it. I have to knock the bitrates on them so low in order to run all of them it affects the recordings some.

I am looking at a few more cameras, including a PTZ, so I want to just get a new NVR that can take the newer high mp cameras and the PTZ. I am leaning toward Dahua. My current system is Hikvision/Lorex LNR200.

Most of the new NVR's say they support ONVIF (2.0 to 2.4), but if I were to get the Dahua, what are the chances that the Hiks (actually they are Lorex) will really work on it via ONVIF? I would like to move a few cameras off the old NVR to lighten it's load and also purchase a few 4 or 5mp cameras to go with the new one. I also want integrated PoE ports, I don't really want to have a separate PoE switch, which many of the cheaper ones force you into.

I have researched till I can't stand it. The specs on a given model number will vary widely depending on who is selling it. Is that a firmware issue, or do all these people just not bother making sure their ads are correct? This is on everything from Dahua's site itself to Amazon to Wrightwood.

My goal is 4k, support PTZ, up to a 12mp cam if possible, but no lower than 5mp. Enough bandwidth that the cameras can run as intended. I see some NVR's are up to 800mbps (Mbps?) input now, but it seems 200-300 would be reasonable.

Anyone have any experience with the newer NVR's? This is one that has specs that catch my eye. http://www.dahuasecurity.com/download/20160202iasjzp.pdf

Any opinions?

This NVR looked pretty interesting to myself as well.

I ordered 2 of the 8 channel ones that should be hear in a couple of weeks, non PoE because not all my cameras support it.

The PoE puts out 25w, plenty for a regular cam put right at the limits for the Dahua PTZ's that have it, But most of theirs need 24vac

I want to see how the h.265 going to do and the bandwidth looks pretty impressive. I ordered one off the new h265 cameras and can't wait to check them out.

Hi. The dahua unit as from 3 months ago are all h264 and h265.

Going h265 with 4K or with dahua new 12mp PTZ is the way to go ... Less storage and large files made quicker.

There are a few system manufactures going h265. But a problem has already started to show.

Like in the past h264 has had differance...... The real licences h264 or copy of h264. And it has always been noticed in the industry ... Take manufactures price ..... Avigilon geo aver apco Panasonic Samsung all pay for the real h264

Others went for unlicensed which is also on no name and low budget systems

H265 now has a problem with comparability with the unlicensed H264-plus. Which is hikvision. H264-plus and h265 will not exchange with each other.

But h264 and h265 do convert with each other ..... So dahua units have both so as you can still use existing cameras like axis h264 and there new h265

Do you think the Lorex branded Hiks will be disabled or crippled in any way from using them Onvif with the new Dahua system?

Do you think the Lorex branded Hiks will be disabled or crippled in any way from using them Onvif with the new Dahua system?

Hi your lorex will work because they are h264

Lorex don't use hikvision now they use dahua

But I am talking about 3 year old Lorex, not new ones.

But I am talking about 3 year old Lorex, not new ones.

Yes they will still work. Onvif