Shin1gami_TV

I know it's possible, but how and where?

Hello,

I apologize for the ambiguous title, especially as my first post. In short, I'm working on a business, and what we're looking for is a live camera THAT can track objects in real time.

Not only can it track objects, but it can track multiple objects/areas. These objects don't even have to be moving. An example would be a camera above my house that sees my driveway. The camera will be able to track the two spots available for parking and see if the spot or spots are taken.

Additionally, I'd need for the camera to be able to work with other cameras. An example of this would be if we were talking about a parking lot, which obviously holds a lot more cars. So if one camera can't cover all of the spots, there would be enough cameras to cover the area and work with each other in tracking the spots.

Lastly, the cameras would have to be able to work with software in a sense where it can receive and send data and programmed to how we want it to work.

Being honest, we don't know much about the really technical aspects of cameras other than how advanced they have gotten and what they're capable of. With that said, one question in regards to tracking would be if the camera needs to track a moving object or if you can install some type of sensor or colored-object so the whole system is pretty basic - if the sensor is covered, then the camera knows that there's an object in the way, and it reports that data in whatever way we need it to.

I appreciate any and all help.

Thank you!

Boris

Hi, not sure if this system can help you?

Sorry I need to edit my post as just finished reading some policies from forum administrator..links are not suggested to paste directly.

You may search "kedacom tracking" in youtube and check their videos.

Using cameras might not be the most cost effective ways of tracking available parking space.

But then again, it really depends on the structure of your parking area. e.g. Open space, enclose, multistorey, ceiling heights, etc.

There's a well used parking guidance systems that uses proximity sensors to detect if a space is taken and display guidance to the empty lots.

Google PARKING GUIDANCE SYSTEM. Proximity Senors are way cheaper than cameras and way more accurate in most situations.

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=PARKING+GUIDANCE+SYSTEM&tbm=isch

However, in big open area, cameras might be more suitable due to the cabling and installation limitations.

So it really depends on your area of deployment.

Been seeing a lot lesser PTZ tracking feature being advertised by companies these recent years.

Most likely due to the emergence of lower cost multi megapixel cameras that can capture the required areas without having the ptz cameras moving about.

Most of the time, the tracking looks damm impressive, but when put to daily practical use, they are mainly just a distraction and have a lot of blindspot if that is the only camera in the area. It's more to automatically zoom in to object of interest and captured a close up view, e.g. facial feature, licence plate, etc before moving on to the next object of interest so that when other cameras captured the incidents, there's always a close up view to trace back to to get a form of recognition.

Nowadays, multi megapixel cameras can do that. There's only so much resolution you need to for recognition, doesn't need to count the facial hair or freckles on the face.

If you got a budget for those systems, you can well afford to put in multi megapixel cameras system.

Saw a camera that could scan and capture the facial images of everyone in one side of a football stadium around 5 years or more back (can't really remember) that goes for around $500k then. Can't remember what's the brand though.

Then again, most of my projects doesn't involved actively tracking moving objects for recognition, so I might be out of the loop of those distributors.