Sign in to follow this  
minni1986

Gilbarco Passport POS Text insert Ip Cameras V10+

I am having an Issue connecting a Gilbarco Passport to output POS so i can receive it on an IP/NVR system.

I have previously had gotten a Wayne Nucleus to connect.

Here is my previous post:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=48160

If you guys could help get me started, that would be great or point me to the right direction

I'll try to keep updating this post as i learn more so it would help others

Can't really help with regards to Gilbarco and your NVR but was curious if you actually don't mind

the text overlaying your video in your previous post example of it running. Seems to be that would

get in the way of an video evidence needed.

Also, if you continue to have any issues with pos capturing or can't get the Gilbarco to work you

might want to check out www.gulfcoastsoftware.com who i knows can capture your two pos systems

with their solution and they have an integration application to avigilon if you wanted an easier to use head end.

Can't really help with regards to Gilbarco and your NVR but was curious if you actually don't mind

the text overlaying your video in your previous post example of it running. Seems to be that would

get in the way of an video evidence needed.

My text does not overlay the video, fore-say, rather it is a file that is opened when I select to see the POS data on the video. Basically when the POS outputs the POS data, it sent out as ".xml" (i believe) and then stored on the NVR.

Also, if you continue to have any issues with pos capturing or can't get the Gilbarco to work you

might want to check out http://www.gulfcoastsoftware.com who i knows can capture your two pos systems

with their solution and they have an integration application to avigilon if you wanted an easier to use head end.

I know how to use avigilon, however the issue I am having is that i do not know how to properly configure or connect to the Gilbarco system. Previously, you would split the wire from the customer output and connect that to your camera system. However, I know that you can now do it through the network. I am wondering what would be the configurations for this or where would i connect to get the proper data.

I could only speak to the aspect of pulling it up within Avigilon. Sorry.

Gulfcoast Software sells an Avigilon Base PoS application that gets loaded on the avigilon server

and supports up to four pos sources and then you buy a pos license for each source after that.

Then you also purchase an avigilon pos license for each pos source as well.

Configuration in the application creates virtual serial ports which avigilon will see and then you

can capture all that data within ACC. The software does support the Gilbarco and 20+ other pos solutions.

You do need to be running avigilon standard or enterprise software as well.