pabindu

List of equipment for all kind of CCTV systems

Hello Everyone,

I am about to start my career as a Design Engineer in the field of CCTV. I need to know a complete list of items required for CCTV systems including cameras, DVRs, NVRs, PoEs, etc... . Even the latest items.

I want to make a clear picture of CCTV systems.

Thank you.

Pabindu.

Hello Everyone,

I am about to start my career as a Design Engineer in the field of CCTV. I need to know a complete list of items required for CCTV systems including cameras, DVRs, NVRs, PoEs, etc... . Even the latest items.

Thank you.

Pabindu.

For the system I operate, we use both analog and IP cameras. We are switching over to IP cameras so its more of a network topology then the analog system.

But you will need for IP camera system.

Cameras

switches (if they are not PoE, you will need to add power supplies and a wire for power. Typically a 16/2, or 18/2)

NVRs

Viewing stations

keyboards if you have PTZs

Thank you very much for the support you gave me.

Can you send me the brands that you are using currently?

And,

what are the cable types you used? do the camera suppliers supply them or we have to purchase them seperatly?

Thank you

We use Honeywell, Pelco, Bosch, OnCam Grandeye, Everfocus, Winic Tech and a few other smaller brands. When you buy cameras individually, typically they do not come with wires. We use CAT6 for both analog and IP cameras. We also have a 16/2 going to each camera for 24VAC power. Some parts of our building that are newer we only have a CAT6 and the camera is power via PoE.

Hello Everyone,

Thank you.

Pabindu.

Sounds like you need to get some field experience.

Hello Everyone,

Thank you.

Pabindu.

Sounds like you need to get some field experience.

That's similar to what I say to people when they ask me how to start in the IT field. Get a basic cert for hardware and cert for network/security and dive in. With the network and security certs that should get you out of helpdesk hell. But yeah, nothing beats actual hands on in the trenches.

I few of the bigger suppliers in my area offer product training for new products. They'll have like a HikVision (substitute manufacturer) day with a bbq for free. Google for suppliers in your area and check their websites or maybe call them and see if they offer any product training.