Sign in to follow this  
g1ose

£1k system max...Where to start?

All,

New to the forum so Hi!

Thought I'd start out with the typical newb question of which system...

So some context

Looking to put in a 4 camera system to my house, primarily to cover the 4 corners of the house/drive/garden

Like the idea of PoE IP NVR system but open to options

Would like to be able to record number plate clarity on the front of the house at least with good night vision

Needs to have a good remote view/record set up with mobile app (android)

Ideally something that has options to expand with a front door camera and or internal cameras

Doesn't have to have PTZ but if its there it would be a bonus

At the front of the house the cameras will be about 3 stories up in height and around 10m from the front of the house to the end of the drive so 20m vision minimum

1080p I would say is needed to achieve the above but happy to be told otherwise.

Budget = No more than £1k but ideally around the £6-800 mark if I'm not dreaming.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a brand/system that is up this alley it would be useful, having read the sticky about brands it has helped but I am not sure where to start looking in terms of features/brand/budget

any help greatly appreciated.

The one aspect of your system that is going to be tough is license plate reading within your budget. A good IP can get license plates during the day, but not at night. For that you need an LPR (license plate recognition) camera and those can be pricey.

Remote view and mobile app is pretty standard these days with any brand. I think PTZ is over rated because who has time to constantly monitor cameras and move them around. Also, they cost more.

OK, thanks for the reply.

I think I can live without that at night if its likely to tip the budget.

What brands/systems should I be looking at to hit similar specs for my budget?