Joeinamillion

Testing HikVision DS-2CD2532F-IS with 128GB card

I am testing a HikVision DS-2CD2532F-IS with a 128GB Micro SDXC card. According to HikVision the camera will work with cards only up to 64GB, but since I have both the camera and the card i thought I'd try it out. I would like comments, questions, and suggestions. Here is some information on how I am testing:

Camera: HikVision DS-2CD2532F-IShttp://overseas.hikvision.com/us/Products_accessries_10505_i7571.html

Model: Chinese, with English Mod.

Firmware: V5.2.5 build 141201

Encoding: V5.0 build 140714

25fps @ 1080p

Card: Silicon Power SP128GBSTXBU1V20SP

So far the camera saw the card without issue, initialized (formatted) the card without issue to 128gigs, and recorded 100gigs of data to the card without issues, and I have tested a play back fine.

At this point is it safe to say the card works fully? Is there any reason not to use this card (other than the manufacture only says the cameras work only up to 64gigs in the data sheet)?

The only reasons I can think of would be if the camera has issues indexing the files on the card (I've been told that is the reason some other type of devices only recommend up to certain sizes.) So maybe a large card could cause the camera to become 'laggy' or sluggish (the reason suggested by device testers) with recording, or even encoding (eg. Live View, network recording)?

I bought the card to use with a DS-2CD2135F-IS, which can use a 128GB card according to HikVision's Data Sheet. That is a newer version of the DS-2CD2132F-IS and there seems to be little difference between the two, so maybe HikVision is working a on DS-2CD2535F-IS, with the same differences?

Attempt to record video footage onto the 128GB card and monitor the rankdle camera's performance. Check if the camera can consistently write data to the card without any issues or interruptions.