Sign in to follow this  
mchlpeel

Pixelation and ghosting on Hikvision 4MP camera

So I got myself a new cctv system and decided to hook it all up to test the camera quality.

I cant say I'm very impressed as when I move around there is pixelated ghosting trailing behind my every movement. When I zoom in all I can see is a grainy image. This is all in daylight mode. I also sometimes see weird blocky digital artifacts.

The only image settings on the NVR are for Rotate Mode, mirror mode, Saturation, Brightness, Contrast and Sharpness.

There are no settings for WDR or any other fancy settings.

My camera model is

DS-2CD2142FWD-I(W)(S)

http://overseas.hikvision.com/europe/Products_accessries_158_i8820.html

My NVR is

DS-7608NI-E2

http://overseas.hikvision.com/europe/Products_accessries_212_i8813.html

Can anyone help or have I bought rubbish stuff?

How are you viewing it ?

From the Monitor connected to the NVR or from some other computer or devices ?

It's a 4MP camera, bandwidth requirement and decoding would be higher.

If you still face the same issues, try connecting directly to the camera and view instead of going through the NVR.

I was viewing it though my 55" tv as i dont have another device. My tv was connected to the NVR.

In live view i get the ghosting

In playback mode you can see the ghosting

If i transfer to usb and play on my laptop you can still see ghosting but reduced but this is prob due to the laptop screen size.

I have tried live viewing from the laptop through the IP address and i can still see the ghosting

I bought this particular NVR because it had 80Mb incoming bandwidth and 80Mb outgoing so one camera shouldnt be an issue???? and its hardwired to the NVR.

I think the problem might be the Digital Noise reduction and i have seen others have an option under images within the NVR to change it. I cant see these options at all????

I cant connect to camera directly as I only have the option right now of powering thorugh POE therefore through the NVR. Until i get a seperate 12vDC supply i cant try it.

Any other ideas?

I cant connect to camera directly as I only have the option right now of powering thorugh POE therefore through the NVR. Until i get a seperate 12vDC supply i cant try it.

Any other ideas?

Connect your laptop to another spare POE switch on your NVR. The NVR will act as a router. You should be able to access the camera directly.

You gotta isolate if it's the camera prob or the nvr problem first.

If it's the camera issues, you can try reset to factory default , or lower down the resolution and see if problems still occurs.

If you purchase from local vendor, bring the system back and ask them to troubleshoot for you.