bhmhrex

SWANN NVR8-7300 Video Loss issues on a few cameras

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me out here on an issue I'm having.

I purchased a NVR8-7300 Swann brand security system. I have 6 SWNHD-815 cameras and two SWNHD-817PTZ cameras. I'm having an issue with one 815 and both 817 cameras.

The issue is I keep getting internment "video loss" signals from all three. It will show the video for a bit and then cut out and the screen will say "video loss".

I have changed the cameras to different ports on the dvr, manually reset the cameras and swapped out CAT5E lines. Still having issues.

The 817's are newly installed today. The 815 are poe cams, while the 817's are connected via cat5e with a power source which each cameras have their own power adapter.

Prior to hooking up the 817's, I had the nvr and monitor connected into wall outlets, however still had the internment video loss on just one out of the six 815 cams.

I had to plug the nvr into a power strip and plug the two adapters for the 817's into the power strip and then the strip into the wall.

I'm really not sure what the problem is. Any ideas? I have checked the lines to make sure they are kinked etc. I have switched out the ethernet cable for the 815 camera with no luck. A very SMALL portion of wire is visible outside of the 817PTZ Cams. Literally an inch of wire (none of which are the connectors for the camera). These are outside installed cameras and the video loss happens all of the time (Morning, Noon, evening and night)

Thanks for the help!

P.S. - The spam control for registering to this forum is not friendly on phones. I tried to register via my mobile device and it wanted me to move certain words to certain columns, which I could not do. Maybe someone can forward that on to the powers to be?

1. No, but I ordered this today:https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A20KO18/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

Hopefully that works.

2. I guess not. I looked at my dvr. The dvr assigned the ip address 172.x.x.x:9000. Tried that through a browser. Can't access it.

3. Tried pinging the above ip and no go.

There is a problem with your cable, try a new one and if you still get no response in ping then try resetting everything to default.

1. No, but I ordered this today:https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A20KO18

/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

Hopefully that works.

2. I guess not. I looked at my dvr. The dvr assigned the ip address 172.x.x.x:9000. Tried that through a browser. Can't access it.

3. Tried pinging the above ip and no go.