dlatimer

Advice on GOOD NVR

Hello everyone,

I have been driving myself mad trying to keep my eBay special super mini NVR working. I have most of it working but can't seem to make it record reliably. I have read all 70 some odd pages in this forum regarding troubleshooting that troublesome product and I have decided that I am done with it and want to buy a new NVR that actually works. I don't want to spend a lot and don't need a whole lot of features other than it being a standalone device that can record 8 onvif channels. Any advice?

Hello everyone,

I have been driving myself mad trying to keep my eBay special super mini NVR working. I have most of it working but can't seem to make it record reliably. I have read all 70 some odd pages in this forum regarding troubleshooting that troublesome product and I have decided that I am done with it and want to buy a new NVR that actually works. I don't want to spend a lot and don't need a whole lot of features other than it being a standalone device that can record 8 onvif channels. Any advice?

Hi You can try Hikvision or Dahua. They are the world's top 2 position in video Surveillance.

Sounds Confusing. Maybe it fails to play back video after recording (storing compressed bit stream) to hard disc. Be noted that Onvif cameras does not quarantee the successful playback of video stream.

If you can get a NVR from the same mfg as the cameras generally you will have a lot fewer configuration issues. Depending on how much you have wrapped up in your current system it may be cheaper in the long run to go with a one mfg solution.

Thank you all. I am not sure of the cameras manufacturer. The cameras work fine. I'll look into the ones that you mentioned. Has anyone used an ION NVR?

so. I have been looking into this again. It's very important that the product be non-poe. All my cameras are patched into a rack with a gigabit router. I put the NVR in a separate hidden location. I do not want the cameras running directly to the nvr. I had trouble finding a hikvision product without Poe. You all know of any off the top of your head??

Hikvision Poe nvrs can be run without plugging in to Poe ports the better hikvision nvrs don't have poe